My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some real psychos out there. My last encounter was at a light which had a green arrow, the dude didn't go so I honked, then he got out of his car and started smashing on my window. I am really not sure why, I even tried my 'polite honk' - you know when you try not to hit it too hard. But damn those VW horns are loud. So what is your scary story, or are you the one creating scary stories?

 

·
Mod!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Now I don't constantly drive in the city of Houston. I'm from the outskirts, but one day I was on my way home from working and a two lane road merged into one, so with all the construction I didn't know. I HAD to cut this guy off. I take a look in the rear view, and he's flicking me off! That's not very common... at least not where I'm from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hey I just saw something incredible today.
I was sitting at a light in a crowded intersection when some idiot rear ended another car.
It happened right in front of me so I was looking right at this dolt.
Without even a hesitation he looks down finds reverse and starts to back up, then he just takes off. He just speeds away as if it never happend. I could only get the first few letters of his plates, but there were so many people around I'm sure they got the full plate. Not like that matters the car was probably stolen.
I just couldn't believe how fast this guy took off. He never thought twice about it.
the F***
It just goes to show you can be the safest driver out there and still get screwed by a-holes like him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
I've had a few incidents on my motorcycle.

One guy didn't like that I lane shared (legal in Calif.) up to the line limit line at a traffic light.

Long story short he nudged me at about 3mph almost causing me to fall in front of a truck in the opposite lane.

Whilst catching my balance, I left a lil' dent in his hood with my fist- whoops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dragon said:
I've had a few incidents on my motorcycle.

One guy didn't like that I lane shared (legal in Calif.) up to the line limit line at a traffic light.

Long story short he nudged me at about 3mph almost causing me to fall in front of a truck in the opposite lane.

Whilst catching my balance, I left a lil' dent in his hood with my fist- whoops.
Let me get this straight, did you drive your bike between the traffic at the light to get to the front of the line? If so, that shouldn't be legal - it winds too many people up - as you found out. This time of year, all the bikes start coming out here in Vancouver so I have to be extra careful because there are some real morons out there - I hope you ride safe Dragon!

The worst drivers are mid 40's, male mini van drivers with no passengers. They think "the wife and kids are at home, so let's wind this loaf of bread out"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Let me get this straight, did you drive your bike between the traffic at the light to get to the front of the line? If so, that shouldn't be legal - it winds too many people up - as you found out.
It's legal in CA to 'lane share'... and that includes while in congested traffic (not just up to a light). CA is the only state that allows it in the US and it is a normal common practice in most of Europe.
It's also a fine art :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
i love the title of this post i get road rage alot, every one is in my way.

i dont ride a bike but alot of my good friends do and have been real hurt by dumb drivers not paying attention in there cars. in cali you can lane share, watch out 4 bikes in cali!

my scary story is not really my own but my friends. he told me that a guy in a van cut him off, so at the next light the van was stopped to go straight and my friend got in the left hand turn lane, stopped next to him, looked him in the face, flipped him off and mouthed fword you. ( i would not do this, my friend is 6'6'' and thinks he is bad ) so anyway the driver of the van ( who really was bad )gets out with a long metal MAG flash light to beat his car with. and starts yelling F who? F who? so my friend took off in reverse to get away b4 any damage took place.

man raod rage is one thing, but peeps getting out to beat on other peoples is crazy. must be all that Grand Theft Auto video gaming.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
GTI guy said:
i love the title of this post i get road rage alot, every one is in my way.

i dont ride a bike but alot of my good friends do and have been real hurt by dumb drivers not paying attention in there cars. in cali you can lane share, watch out 4 bikes in cali!

my scary story is not really my own but my friends. he told me that a guy in a van cut him off, so at the next light the van was stopped to go straight and my friend got in the left hand turn lane, stopped next to him, looked him in the face, flipped him off and mouthed fword you. ( i would not do this, my friend is 6'6'' and thinks he is bad ) so anyway the driver of the van ( who really was bad )gets out with a long metal MAG flash light to beat his car with. and starts yelling F who? F who? so my friend took off in reverse to get away b4 any damage took place.

man raod rage is one thing, but peeps getting out to beat on other peoples is crazy. must be all that Grand Theft Auto video gaming.
No matter what happens... pick and choose your battles WISELY. ^-^

What's "fword" mean?

;D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
if that was me i would not say anything to him i would just get in front of him and drive slow if it was that bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Never cut some one off. Never call them names or flip them off. Be polite all of the time even if the other person is a real moron. Be friendly. Keep smiling. Then when he gets out of his car with a Maglite (deadly weapon), just shoot him.

Works!
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top