Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please for the sake of yourself and loved ones, keep racing off the streets, don't drink and drive, and don't speed. Two people i know died early saturday morning.

"2 Killed In Car Accident
MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (AP) ―

State police say two people were killed early Saturday when their vehicle ran off Maryland Route 702, overturned and burst into flames.

The accident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. just south of the Interstate 695 interchange.

Police preliminary investigation indicated the vehicle was traveling south when it ran off the road, down an embankment, and overturned at the tree line. A passenger was ejected from the vehicle. Both the driver and passenger were burned beyond recognition.

Police eventually identified the driver as 22-year-old Richard Gerald Stulich and the passenger as 23-year-old Nicholas William Otte.

Police do not know what caused the vehicle to go off the road."

It has been made official that their car, a MkIV GTI, was cut off and they swerved to avoid hitting the lady. And to make it worse friends of the two were on scene as it happened, one person actually new both men since they were kids and watch his 2 best friends burn to death. A friend of mine also posted a blog on her myspace and it truly opened my eyes; i hope it will yours...

"to the best ones, to the good ones, to the ones that i dont talk to as much. ive never actually seen something happen that i couldnt stop or at least help. the feeling of being so helpless is horrible. something like this makes all our arguments over dumb shit and all the gossip we all create "WORTHLESS". I know ALL of us like to speed and with some of the ones with the super chargers, or the vtecs or w/e else there is, its not worth it. NO MATTER how good of a driver we might all think we are, things can happen. i have alot of love for alot of you and i want everyone to promise that their not gonna drink and drive. please.. 99% of us have all of our numbers. just call someone and im sure one of us can get the other or stay where your at. i was driving drunk too and i shouldnt had been. when i saw the car go by me and down i slammed my breaks on and called 911. as soon as i got out of the car it caught on fire. my heart dropped i didnt know who it was but i knew it was one of us from the bar. i really never knew rich, but i knew nick and had chilled with him a few times with b.. i even took a picture last night with him. he was so silly, so much like b. i know alot of you knew him and were friends with him, but brandon and him were very close and we all should try and be here for brandon. i think that this is going to be an eye opener for alot of us......"

I will openly admit i have at times speed and raced on the streets, but can honestly say i NEVER drink and drive, i will NEVER race on the streets anymore as long as i live for this reason. It truly opened my eyes to have this happen to someone so close to me. i just hope in some way someone will read this and think twice before they do something stupid while driving now. I'm sorry for such a long rant but its been a hard day for me and alot of my friends.
R.I.P. Rich and Nick

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm so sorry bro. :'(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all good man, there are $10 raffle tickets being sold with the prize being a $500 tattoo give away (since Rich was a local tattoo artist) all proceeds are going to help raise his daughter.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My heart felt condolences brother. If anything good can come of something like this maybe it is just a reminder to all of us what our own mortality is. A split second choice can take everything we have and will ever have.

I hope everyone on this forum reads your post all the way through....it is veeery worth it.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Absolutely man,
My heart and condolences go out to you, your friends, and families. Sometimes it takes learning the hard way, and sometimes learning the hard way requires the highest price. Again, sorry for your loss..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was also made officail the driver wasnt drun, he got to the bar to pick up nick, the passenger, so he wouldn't have to drive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for sharing that man, must have been real tough. Losing someone always makes you realize how precious life is..... sorry for your loss

·
Registered
181 Posts
just know that their sprits and the sprit of the fast lives on forever and all are in a better place now. i lost my dad on hollween so i have a simisorta understanding of how you feel man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.