Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these pics online from a crashed Fahrenheit in Las Vegas.

The car was 3 months. The owner was driving down Flamingo Road at 45 mph on the far right lane and an idiot in a truck pulled right in front of him.

The fahrenheit steered left to avoid him but flipped and hit the medium and then he flipped again and went across three lanes of oncoming lanes.

He went 300 feet and across 6 lanes because of this moron. No injuries to the driver at all.

:'(

·
Registered
300 Posts
For the scene you described, I am surprised at how little damage there is to the car, relatively speaking. While it's sad to see a loss of a great car, it's good to know we're in a car that will hold us in a nice cocoon if something goes terribly wrong...

·
Registered
11 Posts
does the farenheit come with leather stock? ...anyways, it looks like this car had it, i would be pulling that out and selling it.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thetornado said:
does the farenheit come with leather stock? ...anyways, it looks like this car had it, i would be pulling that out and selling it.
Yep, stock leather.

deviltailedfast said:
For the scene you described, I am surprised at how little damage there is to the car, relatively speaking. While it's sad to see a loss of a great car, it's good to know we're in a car that will hold us in a nice cocoon if something goes terribly wrong...
Like you said, I was also surprised how 'well' the car looked after flipping twice and that the driver did not have ANY injuries.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If what you say happened to it really did happen, that car looks fantastic for how bad it got thrown around. My sister's bug looked 100% worse than that, and she just rear ended someone, although I guess that would be about right.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spookertunes said:
"The owner was driving down Flamingo Road at 45 mph"

45 mph.

uh huh ! Right. ;) ::)
Well...nobody does 45 mph on Flamingo, except old ladies with blue hair.
55-60 mph is more common - he prob. didn't want to mention the correct speed cuz some insurance dude might be reading ;)

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
If this thing ends up being parted out, kindly spread the word Vegas. I want the spoiler. Yes on my CW

·
Registered
11 Posts
yaya, i saw one at my dealership, but have yet to see one cruisin around pittsburgh. when i was looking for my gti it seemed like almost every dealership in the area had at least one. guess theyre not really selling around here... but then again i have only seen a handful of gti's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Its sad one of us especially a FH already has gone down but for the damages.. it could have been much worse.. except for that right fender.. really shredded. The car to me looks mostly still partable. I too am glad the pilot wasnt seriously injured. O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I think all the FH owners should be happy... the more that get totaled, the more rare a FH edition becomes...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts