Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have these rims in my garage....didn't know if I'd like them so I quick photoshoped them on my ride....

What do you guys think? Should I sell them or get some new rubber and pop them on they are (18 x 7.5) - any recommendations on new summer only rubber?

STOCK:

NEW:

BIG: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/pictures/mockups/rim_TSW_Kyalami.jpg (Much clearer when viewed at full screen)

NEW - Red rim ( I liked the look of the Volks in another tread here - so I toyed with painting the silver lip)

BIG: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/pictures/mockups/rim_TSW_Kyalamired.jpg

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
give us a couple more options of rims that you would b considering. Photoshop them too, and add a poll to this post.

but they do look nice, need to black out ur windows to complete the look

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lumns said:
give us a couple more options of rims that you would b considering. Photoshop them too, and add a poll to this post.

but they do look nice, need to black out ur windows to complete the look
Yeah, Tint is coming next week ;D

Well I had these rims from my old car, so I didn't really wanna buy new ones, performance parts have priority. So I either put these on, or keep the stockers....so there's nothing really to compare them to.... :p

Poll added, good thought... 8)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
what rims do u have on right now? if u jus have the 17's i would switch them out for the ones u had left over from your car, and save the money and do some performance upgrades. The only cosmetic stuff i would waste money on is tint.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I don't wanna get too off topic, but has anyone seen a tire with a red line... kinda like white walls with red instead. And not thick. It's a small red line all the way around. I wanna know opinions and if anyone thinks it would look good.

I have a Tornado red with 18" Huffs..

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i wanna say ive seen a set....who makes them i dont know. Some reason i want to say they at least exist

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think those rims would look a lot better than factory. I wanted to have the pinstripe done of my rims too, but to stack an additional $500 on top of what I'm already spending...just couldn't do it. :'( Put those TSW's on your car, don't get a red stripe on the tire, just have the rims pinstriped!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTIloveboost said:
I think those rims would look a lot better than factory. I wanted to have the pinstripe done of my rims too, but to stack an additional $500 on top of what I'm already spending...just couldn't do it. :'( Put those TSW's on your car, don't get a red stripe on the tire, just have the rims pinstriped!
Yeah, I have a hookup at a body shop, I haven't gotten it priced yet, but if it's 200+ for the sripes I won't do it, and I'll just slap the wheels on...as is with some new rubber. I would never consider it on the tire....not my style. 8)

Maybe he'll give me more of a discount if I have him paint the Rieger Rear Apron with the rims......I'm so go'n broke...damn cars... ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i wanna get some 19" rims with a red lip but they are pretty pricey... they look REALLY REALLY nice though... once i get them after i score a job again (just got fired 2 weeks ago :( )ill save up and get them >:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mod's can close this thread, I sold the wheels.

Next stop - winter tires, then a set of 18's for next summer.......(too much performance stuff to buy this summer to afford it all 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts