Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'd be very interested in the final results of this. My hypothesis is that more lefties would prefer DSG.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps thalo, but I am a serious lefty, DO EVERYTHING with the left and yet I always drive a stick. We'll see, first people have to start voting....

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Looks like results are opposite from my hypothesis.

I know if it was me and I had to drive a car in England, I would drive nothing but automatic. Shifting with my left hand sounds impossible.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thalo, true, as left hand drive is all you know... the same with me, but when you grow up with" hey you have to shift with your left,that's the only way" you learn fast, I think it sounds impossible with left hand drive as well...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I spent about five months in England back in '99 and drove manuals often at work. You might be surprised at how quickly you get used to it. I am a righty and had driven several 5-speed cars before that trip, and it only took a few minutes to get used to shifting lefty. After a few days, it was actually pretty natural.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think there is a small problem with this poll. Since there are much fewer lefties than righties out there the numbers wont quite add up. It really should be what percentage of lefties prefer what type of transmission compared to what percentage of righties, not of the whole off all drivers. sorry for this outburst in nerdiness, but it had to be done

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well, if you really wanna get nerdy, here goes: To find the percentage of lefties who drive stick, take the number of drivers who are lefty and drive stick, divide this by the total number of lefties who responded. For example, if 5 people vote lefty-stick and 2 vote lefty-DSG, divide 5 by 7 (=0.714). If you multipy this by 100 you'll get 71.4%. In that example, 71.4% of lefties drive manual.

·
Registered
857 Posts
actually thats algebra 1, not terribly nerdy at all. lets give this poll another couple weeks and we'll see the results.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when I break 100 votes, I'll do all the math, just keep the votes coming so we have a better idea whos out there..... THANK YOU EVERYONE

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not going tobeat a dead horse, but ONLY 39 people voted with a site that has over 2100 members....... hmmm, maybe we should vote and see how many are active.........or are you all out driving fast, then who could blame you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts