Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Rieger Teaser - Picked up painted parts

10K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  GTI_2007RED 
#1 ·
Well I just picked up my pieces painted to match the black magic and attached the mesh.......now to get them on the car and get the GHL quad exhaust on there.......

Onto the goodies:

Arriving parts

Front lip (upside down)

Front lip next to car

Rear Apron

Attaching the Mesh

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the install of the GHL soon, Go'n to NY this weekend and the mesh requires a nights rest to cure.....

As always you can see more: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/gtipic_rieger.html

See less See more
#27 ·
Man... i am glad i live in Vegas, the only drawback we have here is HEAT! roads are mostly all perfect, speedbumps arent really treacherous like i have seen in other parts of the country and we have no bugs to clean off the hood...or inches of snow to contend with.

I wanna get the full kit and exhaust... and so much more, but 3 kids take priority, its only money unless you have 3 other lives depending on you LOL

good luck on the project, dont forget to take pics and post up :) O0

#28 ·
TOE_FAST said:
Man... i am glad i live in Vegas, the only drawback we have here is HEAT! roads are mostly all perfect, speedbumps arent really treacherous like i have seen in other parts of the country and we have no bugs to clean off the hood...or inches of snow to contend with.

I wanna get the full kit and exhaust... and so much more, but 3 kids take priority, its only money unless you have 3 other lives depending on you LOL

good luck on the project, dont forget to take pics and post up :) O0
Yeah you are spoiled........=)

So, yesterday I was driving and the CEL just turned off........LOL Very strange, I'll see how it adjusts. Maybe the dealer reset everything when it was in for service, cuz the cel popped on just after that........now maybe the ECU's adjusted. Who knows, I'll wait and find out.

As for HP gains....wouldn't say a ton, it did make my shifts smoother. If I were to guess with my knowleged base, I'd say a gain of 4 - 7 HP (minimal) I will be dyno'n her soon with the exhaust within the next few weeks. Then putting on the GHL CAI, dyno again.......then GHL maps (chip it) and dyno again....I wish I had gotten one before I put the exhaust on... ::)

(didn't get a chance to get the front lip on.... :D)

#30 ·
GTI_2007RED said:
did it look stupid just putting the back apron on and leaving everything else stock????.... cuz thats what i want to do...just paint the side skirts and the lip... thanx
O0 O0
Yeah, a bunch of us thought it was gonna look so/so with just the rear apron until I got the rest of the kit on. But we all agreed that it actually looked pretty good from the profile and wasn't all that noticeable unless pointed out. The rear apron is 1.5 - 2 inches lower then the rest of the stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.