Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Rieger Teaser - Picked up painted parts

10K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  GTI_2007RED 
#1 ·
Well I just picked up my pieces painted to match the black magic and attached the mesh.......now to get them on the car and get the GHL quad exhaust on there.......

Onto the goodies:

Arriving parts

Front lip (upside down)

Front lip next to car

Rear Apron

Attaching the Mesh

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the install of the GHL soon, Go'n to NY this weekend and the mesh requires a nights rest to cure.....

As always you can see more: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/gtipic_rieger.html

See less See more
#5 ·
i think reiger is the best kit..its half the price of the Oett kit looks the same only difference is the Oett is a full replacement bumper..that means more to pay when you wreck your car or have to replace it...it costs like 2500 where as the reiger is like 1100-1400..looks so kick ass scans no I know what it will look like..been waiting for this

#8 ·
GTI_2007RED said:
where did you order the kit from.. i was looking at the same company.. looks realllllly goodd... hope to get mine in a couple of months with the Tornado Redddd.. Good luck bro
These guys are good: http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/RI59410 (you can see what you're will look like as there is TR)...... 8))

I actually had the shop across the street order them direct, I got them a tad cheaper.....

#10 ·
jodaho said:
so if i need to paint mine white whats the type of color code. (i think thats what its called)
Yeah, I created a thread after I dug them all up but I'll put them here too for more exposure!

Black Magic Golf GTI [LC9Z] (MY06-MY08)
Candy White Golf GTI [LB9A] (MY06-MY08)
Reflex Silver Golf GTI [LA7W] (MY06-MY08)
Tornado Red Golf GTI [LY3D] (MY06-MY08)
United Grey Golf GTI [LA7T] (MY06-MY08)
Magma Orange Fahrenheit GTI [LD2C] (MY07)

So when I dropped it off i told my buddy - VW Black Magic code LC9Z :D

#12 ·
Well I've had a ton go'n on and haven't had much time for anything.......but I finally got the bumper and exahust on....front lip is still in the box tough :'(

I only have a few pics right now, but have a bunch of the install I can put up once I upload them to my server.

I hope to get to the front lip and stuff soon....

#13 ·
Looks awesome! I wish I had a steady job to be able to do things to my car... hopefully by next month I'll be making enough and you guys will see my car flourish.

Scans, i hope my e-mail persuaded you to put the pictures! haha. I would come across one of your posts and think... I wonder what happened to that back bumper.

#14 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
Looks awesome! I wish I had a steady job to be able to do things to my car... hopefully by next month I'll be making enough and you guys will see my car flourish.

Scans, i hope my e-mail persuaded you to put the pictures! haha. I would come across one of your posts and think... I wonder what happened to that back bumper.
100% it did.....all you baby.... 8)

#18 ·
TOE_FAST said:
Whats the fix?...SHARE man SHARE :)

What kind of gains have you found with the GHL? hows it sound? cause it looks fantastic!!!
The sounds I love, its a deep mean growl. It's just borderline on too loud for me, so it's just under the radar. It is def the most loud in 5th and 6th in wot. I'm gonna dyno it soon. Everyone that sees it loves it. I went to visit my parents and my mom got in, she didn't even notice a diff in sound, but then again she's a lil loopy :p

Then hush hush, I'm testing a GHL prototype Air Intake and then another dyno for them to show gains of their intake and exhaust so that'll be fun.

Hopefully I'll get that other stuff on, button up my stereo install, and get my DV installed then chip me baby.

#19 ·
22350 said:
Scans....good to have you back bro.

If you get any CELS from the GHL hit me up...I have a fix.

LOOKS AWESOME!!
Well Ironically, I let my gal take my car, and I took hers to change the oil today, she calls me and says "a light is on"

How can I contact you for the fix, we can't PM here, and your email is hidden =)

#20 ·
DOHHHHHHH

Please post the fix here so those of us planning to buy the GHL can also take advantage of the info.

Scans, other than the light that just came on, any issues with the exhaust or apron? did it install easily?

Any idea about HP gains over the stock exhaust or is it just better sound?

#24 ·
Yea, good question ... could save some bucks and tidy up the rear nicely if ya didnt have to drop the dough on the full kit.

Although the Rieger side pieces look pretty trick in my opinion, think it would be worth the extra bread to get the whole thing and GHL turbo back quad tp exhaust ....its only money ;)

#25 ·
yea i know .. but my only plans are putting the ghl full exhaust on with the Rieger back skirt.. and then painting just the Oem sideskirts and lip...New Jersey ROADS= No body kit for me lol....i'll tear it off or sumthing will break i know it!!....lol.. paint the oem sides and lip- Rieger back skirt+ghl exhaust and lower it with coilovers...... yea it is just MONEY..lol O0 O0

#26 ·
GTI_2007RED said:
yea i know .. but my only plans are putting the ghl full exhaust on with the Rieger back skirt.. and then painting just the Oem sideskirts and lip...New Jersey ROADS= No body kit for me lol....i'll tear it off or sumthing will break i know it!!....lol.. paint the oem sides and lip- Rieger back skirt+ghl exhaust and lower it with coilovers...... yea it is just MONEY..lol O0 O0
Yeah, I thought it was gonna look so funny with just the rear skirt installed. So yes I just got the rear skirt. But it actually looks good. The diff in height vs. the front and side skirts is only about 1.5 inches. I think it will look more off when I stick the front lip on. The rear apron wasn't hard complicated wise, but it was hard PITA wise. A lot of dremel test fit, dremel test fit...you get the picture. I still haven't got it completely flush, nor have i put on the brackets, but two weeks and it hasn't moved. I plan to get side skirts eventually just didn't have the time quite yet........

I'm gonna try and slap the front lip on now while the wife is out with her mom 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.