My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there.....
I saw this gauge pod.... http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/NPPOD.013.......
I really like it.....i already have the new south performance gauge for pounds of boost..... so i obviously need two more.....
the other one will be the air/fuel gauge, and i need help too see which last gauge should i use for the pod???im guessing oil temperature gauge??but if there's a gauge that reads something more important that you think i should get please let me know....... Okay so i have been searching all over the web for 2 gauges that are reliable,not cheap but not expensive and that work good performance wise(i suck at finding the good stuff that's why i ask}.... so guys please help me find a good a/f gauge and a good gauge for oil temp or anything else to fill my last pod space.....and please make sure the gauges you choose fit the gauge pod i mentioned above...... the reason why i ask you guys is because you have helped me so much with my mk5 setup and my car runs amazing thank too all of you.....you're help is greatly appreciated!!!laterz

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Three gauges....i need you're help!

yeah im looking for the same thing but i know the boost matches perfectly but the other 2 im not sure they would match correctly

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

well most gauges are 52mmm.....so most of them fit i just want to find the two best gauges to put along with the new performance gauge i have to check my boost...... ???

·
Registered
635 Posts

i mean about the backlit ones...im a fan for matching colors..dont most cars come with oil temp? and volt? so you have boost, A/F, and im drawing a blank lol...give me a sec and ill post the other

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

correct me if im wrong but i think it's engine temp that comes with the car not oil temp.....anyone one else there to help me????

·
Registered
635 Posts

mine has oil, volt, water, engine temp ..but thats an audi not a gti im just throwing info out...so the GTi has engine temp and what other gauges...

·
Registered
280 Posts

Good luck finding an A/F gauge that looks decent and matches any other gauges. I've scoured the internet and I can't find any A/F gauge that would remotely match other gauges I've wanted to throw on, so I think I'm just going to accept the fact that it will be the odd one out. Remember, you need a wideband A/F gauge for the GTI. I'm personally a fan of the Defi gauges...they're sweet as hell, but again, they don't offer wideband A/F gauges...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

why wideband a/f???which other gauge should i get???oil temp???if so please send me the link of site so that i can order it...thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i dont care if the a/f gauge does not match, but which one should i get????show me the link please......and what other gauge should i get???show me link please thankssss! ::)

·
Registered
137 Posts

that guage pod is pretty cool, but it gets rid of the vent... anybody know if that vent is actually good for anything?

·
Registered
635 Posts

but thats just for the middle of the windshield you mainly need to worry about the drivers side...remember you as the driver is the most important anything else is of no concern

·
Registered
280 Posts

I couldn't disagree more. The entire windshield is necessary for optimal viewing. Yes, you need to worry about you as the driver, but that means ensuring the whole (or at least a majority) of the windshield gets defrosted. That vent is pretty important in my opinion. There are other options out there. I started this exact same post less than a week ago, but apparently we're hitting some redundancies in topics... Anyways, another gauge pod you might want to consider (it's what I'll be getting) is the O-Pod by OSIR. It's very clean looking and houses two gauges. Since it seems you're really only looking for a third gauge to fill that third pod, you'd probably be better off going this way.

·
Registered
635 Posts

dude i was just kidding around...but usually theres 2 side vents and one in the very front and then there prob that one being plugged up...also the o-sir pod seems pointless u have to look down everytime u want to look at it so does anyone know what 3 gauges are of the utmost importance? b/c this is a post about gauges not defrosting...geez...

·
Registered
245 Posts

FastAddict said:
That vent is pretty important in my opinion.
Odd then why Volkswagen didn't put it into cars in Canada. We got a tray, not vents.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts