Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
that is the good thing about the autobahn here in germany. i can run most of the road at full throttle and not get into any trouble!!!!!! lol >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D [hail vw] [hail vw] [hail vw] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wouldnt it be great if Americans could be diciplined enough to have an Autobahn type highway built here ?!?! Shit like that wouldnt hafta happen if people just learned how to drive and if this place wasnt so quick to hand out licenses like candy.

I could go on, but I wont.

·
Registered
635 Posts
it would also be nice if there was a race track or even a place to autorcross within 100 miles of where i live lol

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
WHEN I GET HOME MY CAR THAT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS SHOULD BE DONE. AND I AM GOING TO RUN T AT THE TRACK IN APRIL NEXT YEAR

·
Registered
342 Posts
dvlsplygrnd said:
Wouldnt it be great if Americans could be diciplined enough to have an Autobahn type highway built here ?!?! Shit like that wouldnt hafta happen if people just learned how to drive and if this place wasnt so quick to hand out licenses like candy.

I could go on, but I wont.
I agree. I saw a show about the Autobahn on the Discovery Channel or something and it seems like a much more disciplined place to drive. I'd like to try it out sometime.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
before a german can get their drivers liscens they have to go to a defincive drivers course that costs about 1,5000 euro (euro=european money) for all that did not know and that is about $2018.83 us dollars. when they turn 18 they get to got and take that course. so unlike the states you go take a test and pass you get your permit and 6 months later you get your liscens if you pass the driving test. you have to go take the class do all the driver training and than pass the test.

that is why they know how to drive some one teaches them. and not just say you got a permit you can drive.

in addition to all that they have to pay 1 euro and 45 cent for 1 litter of gas (super unleaded) 87 oct but that is equivilant to our 90 octain. so hot rodding over here is out of the question cause of the gas. to fill my wife's car up it cost about 60 euro on the ecomony so every week or week and a half they have to put about $80.00 in fuel.

that is why you do not here of racing in germany unless they are at the german race tracks.

but if you are military you get the gas for about $1.00 a litter so i spend about $45-55 every 1 and a half weeks on gas.

if this post does not make sence let me know i will explain differently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts