Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright i have done some reasearch and came up with these numbers... both stage one chips..
APR:
2006 GTI 2.0T
91 oct: 246hp/282lb-ft
93 oct:252hp/303lb-ft
$599.00

PS: and for all the extra goodies like the valet mode, security lockout, anti-theft... and so on are add ons to this price.
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

Revo:
2006 GTI 2.0T
255hp
285lb-ft
$499.00
this is also the minimum you will get from this chip. you can get up to 75 more HP and up to 107lb-ft more torque.

So... for 100 bucks less then the APR chip (not including any extras) what would you purchase? Revo or APR?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went to the local shop today and the mechanic there told me the Revo chip blows away the APR chip performance wise... i donno if i should believe him or not because he was telling me how the trial progam isnt out for the new GTI's yet and then told me he changed springs for GTI's with APR tuning and he put the trial software in for Revo (which he said he didnt have for the new GTI) and all 4 of the clients ended up buying the Revo chip instead... i am pretty sure he was comparing the Revo and APR chip with the MKIV's instead of MKV's... so i really dont know what to do hah. i am a Revo fan though

·
Registered
89 Posts
i know apr is trustworth is revi a good solid company like apr though??? i gettin new mkv tomorow and want chip for sure... neuspeed revo apr??? no clue but leaning towards revo/... also is it true if u put the intake on before the chip u will get more horse that way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
in my opinnion, neuspeed has a much better product. i,m running it in my 2006 a4 avant and my gti, and it runs fantastic!!! its more reliable and less programs to fool with plus it will read your fuel upgrades without having to touch or adjust anything.and the numbers are very good, all for 400$ @ supremepowerparts.com, And neuspeeds software downloads your stock settings completely, and uploads all new performance codes. no other company does that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
hmm yeh other friends have said neuspeed is the way to go to.. but neuspeed might get busted by the dealership :( only reason i want apr is cause u can hide it .. but i would rather get neuspeed personally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.