Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just completed the REVO Trial 5 hour period and have to say WoW, what a difference it makes, loads of torque. I wasn't really trying and I was running low 6's from 0 - 100 Km/h. I was only using 91 Octane. I was still trying to perfect the Launch Control. However my trial period is up and now it really seems slow. I hope when the REVO reverted back to stock, it didn't mess anything up because I'm running high 7's from 0-100 km/h and that's with me trying hard, both in Automatic, Sport Mode and me shifting. The best time I got was 7.63 sec. Anyway's I'm going to try out APR's trial and see how that compares.

·
Registered
842 Posts
VW_GTI_07 said:
I've just completed the REVO Trial 5 hour period and have to say WoW, what a difference it makes, loads of torque. I wasn't really trying and I was running low 6's from 0 - 100 Km/h. I was only using 91 Octane. I was still trying to perfect the Launch Control. However my trial period is up and now it really seems slow. I hope when the REVO reverted back to stock, it didn't mess anything up because I'm running high 7's from 0-100 km/h and that's with me trying hard, both in Automatic, Sport Mode and me shifting. The best time I got was 7.63 sec. Anyway's I'm going to try out APR's trial and see how that compares.
Wow that sucks. Maybe they do it on purpose............... :-\ If you still think it feels slow, you can come over and take my stock 2L MKIV out for a spin. It has a neck snapping 115hp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good way to get customers to buy the software and make the difference seem bigger than it is.

·
Registered
747 Posts
wow I was planning on going to test out REVO once I installed my intake, but I guess I will hold off until I can actually afford the software!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Revo doesn't make the car any slower after the flash, it just reverts back to stock. It just feels slower as you have gotten used to the power. Try running a MK4 on 3 coil packs and you will feel what I am talking about.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was thinking the same as well.
They can just alter your setting to make it seem slower then it really was.
Maybe thats why it's free.
I decided to wait untill i can afford it as well.
It's just the warranty issue that bothers me with volkswagon, which i'm leaning on taking the risk.

-Raffaele

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.