Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just headed over to namotorsports.net and see that they are offering a stage 2 revo flash. Anyone have this yet? Any numbers available... i hit up revo's site and cant find anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is just a stage 2 software... they recommend a few mods to help increase the maximum performance of the flash.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you have the stage 1 already?? To get the most out of stage 2, it is recommended to replace the intercooler, get a downpipe and an exhaust. an intake is a good idea as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No i dont have the stage 1 yet. But if a stage 2 is out i will get what i need to benefit from that first then get the stage 2.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Hate to bump a thread from the dead...

Anyone else go to the Stage II Revo?

Comments/concerns?

After I do the DV- I should be able to go up to StageII ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Dragon said:

Comments/concerns?

you should already run it if you have the CAI and TBE. thats what it is tuned to run with. the stage I revo is more for a plain stock car.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
GTfly said:
Dragon said:

Comments/concerns?

you should already run it if you have the CAI and TBE. thats what it is tuned to run with. the stage I revo is more for a plain stock car.
I wanted to be prudent and off until I had the DV replaced with the Forge DV.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been running Revo Stage II for the better part of 7 months with no issues whatsoever. It's friggin' amazing, and now that I've just finished installing my intercooler and neuspeed hi-flo turbo diffuser conversion kit, I'm going to be setting up an appointment on the dyno to see what I'm pushing. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
SpeeDemon said:
I've been running Revo Stage II for the better part of 7 months with no issues whatsoever. It's friggin' amazing, and now that I've just finished installing my intercooler and neuspeed hi-flo turbo diffuser conversion kit, I'm going to be setting up an appointment on the dyno to see what I'm pushing. ;D
Anyone have any contacts at Revo? I'm making a guess here, but everyone who is running their StageII w/o issues is also running a MT.

My edu-ma-cated guess is that at StageII my engine may have been outputting enough torque for the DSG to say "whoa!". :-\

Anyone else running Stage II w/ DSG?

·
Registered
606 Posts
My dyno session is set for this wednesday >:D Just in time before H20 Ocean City.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Do us a favor. Post the numbers, because I am sure all of us want to see them, but list the mods you have, so we know what it takes to get there. O0

·
Registered
606 Posts
Gunny said:
Do us a favor. Post the numbers, because I am sure all of us want to see them, but list the mods you have, so we know what it takes to get there. O0
All my mods are listed below my posts, but I'll do a list of just the performance ones.

·
Registered
606 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
is there a way to turn up ur boost without removing the ecu?
Yeah, the Revo SPS Select Plus Switch gives you the tunability options such as boost and timng to name a few.

Well I got my Revo Stage II settings added back into my ecu and booooy did it make a world of difference! I feel like there's an extra 50-60whp/60-70ft-lbs! Patrick, at Pro-Imports basically told me that I was running without proper boost and timing settings (due to resetting the ecu). He said that Revo is going to be releasing an update next month that will eliminate this issue of resetting the ecu and the settings erasing (currently, all companies' flashes do that). That's why I like Revo so much, the ecu programming is what they specialize in. They don't have a high stake in other performance parts as much as say, APR, so their main focus is ecu programming. I bought the SPS Select Plus Switch so I have tunability options.

I'm interested to see what my new dyno results are going to be.........I gotta wait till Wednesday though :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Yeah- rolling back to stage I was a bummer...

I'm playing e-mail tag with the local REVO dealer and they guy that does the flashes is on vacation.

Do you know what setting he used for stage II?

I've got the SPS select plus, buy I'm a lil hesitant to screw with it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts