Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread dedicated to all things chipping, but if you want specific information about REVO software, look here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll break the seal on this thread. I recently stopped by Norden Autohaus (my GTI's home dealership), and their doing Revo installs there. Now I was going to get it done anyway I hadn't completly decided on what brand to go with but alas with my VW dealership supporting REVO I'm certainly leaning towards them.

My question is, when? I was going to hold off for my first scheduled maintenance. The dealer suggested waiting until my second. I've read a fair bit regarding chipping here but I never saw any recomended time to get it done, which leads me to believe that pretty much any time is a good time!

T

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Kool said:
I'll break the seal on this thread. I recently stopped by Norden Autohaus (my GTI's home dealership), and their doing Revo installs there. Now I was going to get it done anyway I hadn't completly decided on what brand to go with but alas with my VW dealership supporting REVO I'm certainly leaning towards them.

My question is, when? I was going to hold off for my first scheduled maintenance. The dealer suggested waiting until my second. I've read a fair bit regarding chipping here but I never saw any recomended time to get it done, which leads me to believe that pretty much any time is a good time!

T
Now this is just my 2cents: After about 1,000 miles (when you know if the engine is solid and not having any issues that could be blamed on the upgrade.)

Very cool to hear a VW dealer is offering the upgrade!

So far I have had one minor hiccup w/ stage 2 where I lost boost for 2 seconds... then again I'm pushing close to 20psi >:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
The local VW shop here is also likes REVO but I went with APR as I didn't have problems with it like REVO and it was cheaper. 3 Programs for the price of 1 REVO program and I don't need an SPS to switch between stock/91/93

If your actual VW dealer that does the services supports REVO then that is likely the way to go.

Make sure you have the OY update BEFORE getting REVO. REVO tells dealers to delete previous programs and as a result, most wont have pre-OY flashes and many will just overwrite the program and cause the potential for major headaches. It isn't good when your car says it has the OY update but it does not. Luckly REVO after a few days finally sent down an old PRE-OY flash and all was better. Also make sure they don't leave settings @ 0 0 0 or the car will not shift properly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry for ruining the thread but i cant seem to make a topic or reply in the chipping software section.... well i got the awe tbe and from reading the posts the giac would be best for me, but is it true that they dont have a stage 2 chip? can someone confirm it for me, and if it is should i go with another company that offers stage 2? ( im sort of regretting going with awe tbe :-\)

·
Registered
888 Posts
i have no idea about a place in germany but you can ship you ecu to them and they will upload the software. but you would be without your car for a few days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts