My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok we know revo runs the engine too hard and pushes too much air and heats up the engine, thereby ruining it...but if you add a meth kit will it offset this and fix this problem? especially going into stage 2 + ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah for thef fuel pump search it and youll find 2 good threads on it...one company has one out the other will be making it

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
hypnotica003 said:
ok we know revo runs the engine too hard and pushes too much air and heats up the engine, thereby ruining it
Where, may I ask, did you come up with such a fact? :D ;D

If you are going stage II+ the next step is a proper inter-cooler before you go to a bigger turbo.

Wanna cool down the motor a bit? Look at a vented carbon fibre hood and a better oil pan. 8)

·
Registered
749 Posts
We should also now cover the very definite difference between engine temperature and intake air temperature. The problem with high IAT (caused by increased boost pressure; consult your local fluid dynamics expert for details) is not that it heats up the engine so much as the potential for detonation (that's when the intake air + fuel reach a certain combination of a/f ratio, pressure, and temperature which causes combustion without a spark. Any experienced *non-diesel* tuner will tell you this is bad, bad, bad.) Granted, increased IAT will raise the operating temperature of the engine. However, the amount of heat transferred from the intake air to the engine is not enough to create a problem for the engine's cooling system.

The moral of the story is that meth injection won't result in a significant decrease in oil/coolant temperature, but it is a very good solution for a) allowing higher boost pressure without detonation, and b) avoiding the power loss associated with heat soak.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
We should also now cover the very definite difference between engine temperature and intake air temperature. The problem with high IAT (caused by increased boost pressure; consult your local fluid dynamics expert for details) is not that it heats up the engine so much as the potential for detonation (that's when the intake air + fuel reach a certain combination of a/f ratio, pressure, and temperature which causes combustion without a spark. Any experienced *non-diesel* tuner will tell you this is bad, bad, bad.) Granted, increased IAT will raise the operating temperature of the engine. However, the amount of heat transferred from the intake air to the engine is not enough to create a problem for the engine's cooling system.

The moral of the story is that meth injection won't result in a significant decrease in oil/coolant temperature, but it is a very good solution for a) allowing higher boost pressure without detonation, and b) avoiding the power loss associated with heat soak.

Soooo...it's ummmm good, wait no I get it, it's bad, Ummmmm......what about the injection again?

I'm just playin'....very well said O0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts