Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was just curious is there was a way to remove the iPod dock in the armrest. My GTi came with an OEM one, but no one I know uses any apple products, and I would MUCH rather have the AUX port. anyone know how I can do this? I'm sure the stereo in both the iPod and AUX flavors of this car were identical, the question is, what can I do to change it back?

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Hi all. I was just curious is there was a way to remove the iPod dock in the armrest. My GTi came with an OEM one, but no one I know uses any apple products, and I would MUCH rather have the AUX port. anyone know how I can do this? I'm sure the stereo in both the iPod and AUX flavors of this car were identical, the question is, what can I do to change it back?
It aint but it is kind of a pain in the ass really. You need everything to get it to work rught. I swapped from the cubby to the ipod docking station. You will have to replace the docking station to the cubby hole. You can leave the wiring harness in there but you will have to disconnect it from the back of the radio. I say just leave it there and unplug it from the radio is the best option. You will also have to replace the vents that are under there that go to the back seats. If interested i still have all my stock stuff up for sale.

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts