My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw this topic some where, but how hard is it to remove the entire front license plate bracket? Do I have to get behind the bumper or will it just pop off with ease?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The way that my bracket was mounted was with plastic clips that have a pin in the center to expand the clip. I don't know if that's how they all are, or just how this dealer did it. If yours are like this, you just push in the center pin, but it goes all the way through the clip before it gets loose enough to take it off. So I had to take the grille off to get the pins back out of there. There are only 4 screws holding the grille and black part of the bumper though, so it's easy.

Also, the holes that it left were pretty big, so I just got a new grille. I think it's around 130-140 dollars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it this morning and it worked perfectly!! I just pushed in the center portion and it came right off. I dont think I am going to replace the grill, I think I will just get some plugs for the holes. There are a few websites that sell them from 5 bucks all the way up to 30. Thanks for the help O0

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not found a set of plugs that I liked yet. I ordered a few sets from various websites but they all suck. I will let you know when I do find some good ones though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts