My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dog threw up in my car. All over the center console, inside the air vents in the back and between the seats. I removed the center console and cleaned everything BUT between the seats. There is puke on the tracks where the seat slides back and forth. There are 4 bolts with a star pattern on them holding the seats down. 12 point star bolt I think its called. I tried a few places today and no one has the tool to remove them. If i cant find the tool today, im going to have to take my car to the dealer just to get a seat removed for a 5 minute cleaning. If you have the tool and live in south Florida, please let me know if I can borrow it. If you have any information on where to get it, please respond. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Ya I do love my dog and thats the only reason why I let her in it haha. She's well trained and clean so its not so bad. Was my fault she got sick in the car. She got into some dark chocolate, so I induced vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. She threw up in my yard. A good amount too, so I thought she was done, and good to go. Apparently not. I ordered the bit from napa, so if anyone in south fl has a hard time finding one or doesn't want to sped $7 (lol) they can use it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
MicMoor77 said:
You must love your dog. I would never let a hairy beast in my Fast.
First of all, I find it funny that we are referring to them as 'chairs' - anyway MicMoor would you let Aldo in your car? He is the main reason we have a hatchback.

·
Registered
321 Posts
haha, that's a cute pic. I actually love dogs. I would love to have one but I'm allergic so it wouldn't be able to stay in the house with me. I would feel bad keeping it outside all the time. So, I volunteer at the local animal shelter. I can tolerate being around dogs outside. Anyway, It's fun to take those guys out and play with them. They get so excited when they get to do something other than sit in their kennel all day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should see the way napa packed the bit. Talk about overkill. Anyways I got it all cleaned out. Looks like new. After taking the seat out and putting it back it, i now have a faulty airbag message on the display. i know it got it plugged in properly so i guess i just need to have vw fix whatever happened with the ecu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts