Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/intake_carbonio_mkvgti.html

This looks just like it. I e-mailed them and they said it was easy to install.

Mike,

The new intake system is an easy install. The MAF retains it?s OEM location. We actually have the only intake on the market that utilizes the factory engine cover. We are able to generate such high levels of power through the special air filter and carbon fiber intake.

Greg Custer

Technical Service Representative

APR, LLC. Phone: (800)680-7921

1027-B Opelika Rd Tech: (334)502-5181

Auburn, Al 36830 Fax: (334)502-5180

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Carbonio MkV GTI 2.0T Cold Air Intake

Would like to know more about this intake, like installation, and the mass air sensor connection.

Mike

·
Registered
398 Posts
Any idea what kind of HP/Torque advantage this part has? I'm assuming better gas mileage is a benefit to by a extra mile per gallon. I have had experience with the K&N filters in the past but the benefits were not that great. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! A bit pricey than I thought it would be...
The Oettinger one costs 290 euro, which is like 320 USD roughly; I guess I can't complain.

Just a side note, do any of you guys have Oettinger products, or am I just dwelling too much on the fact that German parts are better? If I can't get my hands on the O's, might as well just go with these. Thanks much!

·
Registered
39 Posts
the OT and the "APR" intakes look pretty much the same to me. I say "apr" because its not a piece they actually make themselves, but rather, it is a Carbonio intake for which they are an authorised distributor (the only one in the us i think). Its entirely possibly that OT and APR both use the Carbonio company and just put different stickers on the product (especially because APR owns OT now. check out this months european car for more info on that.)
i have the carbonio intake and love it. the guy from APR was right, it allows you to keep you factory engine cover, which is also the air box. i dont know about yall, but the mods that change the least amount of stuff and still give you performance are my favorite. with such a new car, im not set on completely cahnging everything out just yet. the site claims that you can expect "real world" hp gains between 6 and 9 hp, but ive noticed that the throttle respose is the best improvement.
www.carboniointakes.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts