Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in response to another post, in another thread. Since the subject is off-topic from the OP poster's intent, and to avoid hijacking the thread, I moved it here.

jpo:
Aren't you guys happy that you drive one of the safest cars on the road. Your insurance company is.
---

Me:
They shouldn't be. Volkswagens are designed to surrender themselves to save the passengers. When a VW is involved in an accident it should be written off -- period. This is something insurance companies don't want VW owners to know.

Now you know the REST of the story.
---

BlueFrogPosse:
Not really; can you elaborate?
---

Me:
Late models VWs use crumple zone technology similar to nascar. The cars chasis and components are designed to bear the brunt of the collision to minimize the forces and protect the occupants. Many auto makers are trying to impliment this but VW and other european car makers are years ahead of U.S. auto makers.

When a Volkswagen is involved in an accident the chasis can NEVER be repaired to a degree where it will be as safe as it was prior to the first accident.
---

·
Registered
749 Posts
This duscussion started with ESP and how much your insurance company likes the fact that ESP defaults to 'on'. It seems to me that ESP is part of what will help your VW avoid having to use its crumple zones. If I was underwriting that policy, it would make me very happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This duscussion started with ESP and how much your insurance company likes the fact that ESP defaults to 'on'. It seems to me that ESP is part of what will help your VW avoid having to use its crumple zones. If I was underwriting that policy, it would make me very happy.
The only bitch about ESP is if you need to jump into traffie ie quick left turn from a stop the ESP will quite often delay your acceleration and leave you in harms way. Also when you encounter bumps in the road it will de-accellerate. My recomendation is that if the road is dry turn the frigging thing off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.