Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Now is there a video that tells you how to talk you way out of a speeding ticket.
Discalimer: You want real advice: Consult an attorney.

What to do if pulled over;

read this: (NSFW due to language) http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2318594&postcount=1
It's how a cop may feel...

So,

Be nice and be courteous. No sarcasm, nor jokes. I can see Mr. TwinTurboBoost being pulled over by a NJ State Trooper, screaming "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!" as the cop approached his car.:D

Don't be stupid and even think about running from the cops. It is not worth it.

Keep your hands in the Officer's view at all times. If you are pulled over at night, open both windows and turn on your map light and place your hands on the steering wheel.

Listen to what the Officer says and follow his/her directions.

Learn to be polite without incriminating oneself.:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
We all want cops to catch bad guys and stop crime, but we also want them not to be sneaky with their tactics, If you got nothing to hide you don't gotta worry, I'd rather the cops be sneaky and out outsmart the crack dealers, than have some **** head jump my kid outside 7-11 for some money for drugs. Sorry, there is alot of ghetto drama were I live.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lol, I didn't get pulled over here but it sure scared the **** outta me.

I was heading back from my ex's place (couple hundred miles away) and it was pretty late at night. I started to nod off so I pulled off at an exit and into the parking lot of a gas station that was closed for the night. I was feeling a bit hungry, so I started opening up a pack of pop tarts I had left over and was eating them when two cops (one parallel blocking off my car and the other behind) pull up with their lights on. I think I had the biggest look of "WTF?" I've had to this date. I roll down the windows (damn I hated manual windows in my Talon) and already have all my papers ready when the cop asks what I'm doing in the parking lot. Well, seeing as how I hadn't done anything I told him I was eating and was also about to take a quick nap seeing as how I was nodding off on the highway and pointed to my tags (obviously out of state). The cop checked my stuff and said there had been a lot of break ins at the gas station I had parked at and was checking up on me. He told me to catch some sleep and have a safe trip.

Cool ass cop, but I was still scared ****less. :D Nothing like being boxed in by cops in a different state copletely exhausted with half a pop tart in your hand.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I love when you scare the $hit out of yourself for no reason. I have an abandoned road near me thats a couple yds short of a 1/4 that I was going up and down, just killing some time before a meet. When I was turning off the road and heading out, sure enough there was a cop heading my way. I freaked out thinking someone had heard me and sent the cops out. As I drove by the cop he was out of uniform and he WAVED TO ME :D. I laughed my head off and quickly exited the area. I bet when he rounded the corner and saw all the dust and tire marks he jsut went "aww son of a Bltch."

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
that is just too funny. when i was about 16 years old i was at a fair and i was doing the normal stuff for 16 year olds in my town getting hi off of weed. and tha we went behind walmart to get hi and all of the sudden a bicycle cop shows up and was wondering what we were doing. we talked our way out of it just saying that we were passing thru from the hotel next door and we were able to go. than my dumb ass asked the cop for a ligher and when i pulled my smokes out of my pocked the weed fell on the ground. by did i fell like an ass. 1 i had weed on me and he found it after we were able to go free no nore questions. and 2 i asked a cop for a light when smmking age was 18. but need less to say i will never do that again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cops are people 2,just what kind of people I'd rather not say..maybe picked on in high school kinda people:) I like to set my snow tires warning to 80 mph, so that i get a friendly little reminder from my Fast that whatever I'm doing better be worth the super high ticket here in the communist wealth of virginia cause anyhting over 80 is wreckless driving. Oh, and for those that carry a gun in car, best keep clip out of gun and not loaded + let the LEO know its in the car with papers when pulled over. They get all upset when you don't tell them and when you pop the glove box and out it falls out, they tend to just shoot ya

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Lol Sounds Just Like The Good Old VA I Know So Well :p ....How Long U Been In Richmond ... U Know Of www.richmonddubs.com Yet ... Pretty Good Bunch Of Guys And A Few Reely Kool Chicks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was pissed that not even 3 days after I got Genesis (72 FREAKIN HRS LOL) :mad:I get a speedin ticket. Ann Arbor popo clocked me goin 62 in a 30. The first thing he says when i roll the window down "Damn son where the hell are you headed too?" lol Luckly, he wrote me up for 5 over since i showed him my military ID.lol:D O and in the comment section on the ticket he wrote " GTI's FAST" lol

61 - 70 of 70 Posts