41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
You just answered your own question with one word, "tracks"

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know, I was making a point. Some of my friends have their cars modded out and do even take them to tracks and don't really get the chance to use what they paid for.

·
Registered
181 Posts
See this is why I can't justify myself to spend all that money on upgrades when I won't be able to use them to their full extent. Now, I accellerate quickly here and there, I usually go 5 or 10 over the speed limit, sometimes 15 over on highways, and I take turns hard without speeding, but I really don't drive in excess of 100 mph. And if I wanted to, I could do that just fine stock. Sure, it would suck if someone wanted to race me in their modded out Evo or STi and I'm still stock but when the hell would I get the chance to use my chip that I paid 500 or more for if I don't go to tracks and I drive pretty conservatively most of the time. This is why I really don't see the point in doing anything other than getting a better intake. As much as I'd love to mod out my car, I just know I'm not going to put it to use.
i mod my car for 2 reasons
1. becuase its a hobby and i enjoy working on my car plus when im putting intercooler piping in or tinkering with the intake im in my happy place

2. because i like to do a lil raceing (not in traffic or around kids and ****) but a lil drag on the out skirts of town never did any harm.

despite what i sounded like in my last post i don't run run like a billy bad ass if i see lights what i woulld say farenough away ill duck out and haul some ass but if they see me and are on my rear imma stop and see if i cant use my bargening skills. sry to jump down urthrought hnda kiler. am i so wrong for the reasons to mod my car

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
See this is why I can't justify myself to spend all that money on upgrades when I won't be able to use them to their full extent. Now, I accellerate quickly here and there, I usually go 5 or 10 over the speed limit, sometimes 15 over on highways, and I take turns hard without speeding, but I really don't drive in excess of 100 mph. And if I wanted to, I could do that just fine stock. Sure, it would suck if someone wanted to race me in their modded out Evo or STi and I'm still stock but when the hell would I get the chance to use my chip that I paid 500 or more for if I don't go to tracks and I drive pretty conservatively most of the time. This is why I really don't see the point in doing anything other than getting a better intake. As much as I'd love to mod out my car, I just know I'm not going to put it to use.
GTI's are bad ass stock any one, especially the farenheit, you're right: no one really needs to mod a car, just like no one needs to learn to fly planes for fun, or go bungee jumping, or go to the movies, but those things, just like modding a car, are enjoyable to some and pointless to others, just depends on the invidual and their preferencesO0

·
Registered
14 Posts
Justin868 encounter

justin868 i am about to finish up my BA in criminal justice and what that cop did to you is ****ed up. Obviously an immature move, which im sure you'd readily admit, but that doesn't give him the right to disregard procedure like that. He could've written you a ticket, but speed limits are prima facie laws so if you had a lawyer it would've never stood in court (unless the judge was a a**), especially with the search. He might have had the right to search your engine, but that's about it haha. (obviously some states dont have prima facie laws on speed, but for those who do should know for their own benefit).
UNLESS WE EXCERCISE OUR RIGHTS, WE'LL ALL LOSE THEM!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ya i have a question reguarding that. will courts drop charges or tickets if the cops **** up and illegally search your car or backpack or anything. i seems like almost any court would be willing to drop a noise violation/speeding in exchange of illegal search and procedure.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Ya i have a question reguarding that. will courts drop charges or tickets if the cops **** up and illegally search your car or backpack or anything. i seems like almost any court would be willing to drop a noise violation/speeding in exchange of illegal search and procedure.
Seeking legal advice on the internet isn't always going to get you the correct answer and you get what you pay for. :p

The general rule about an Officer not having probable cause during a traffic stop: It comes under "Fruit of the poisonous tree", if the Officer pulled you over for no reason at all, anything resulting from that point on is invalid in most cases if you did not give give consent to search. There are exceptions to the rule, and chances are that a resourceful Officer will find something to legally pull you over for.

The rules for searching a car vary state by state. In California, if an Officer makes an arrest, they have the "duty" to inspect and inventory the entire contents of the vehicle for safe keeping, prior to towing and/or storage. Also the CHP, technically has the right to inspect any vehicle on the roadway.

If you think/feel that your rights have been violated- contact a criminal attorney at law.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Seeking legal advice on the internet isn't always going to get you the correct answer and you get what you pay for. :p

The general rule about an Officer not having probable cause during a traffic stop: It comes under "Fruit of the poisonous tree", if the Officer pulled you over for no reason at all, anything resulting from that point on is invalid in most cases if you did not give give consent to search. There are exceptions to the rule, and chances are that a resourceful Officer will find something to legally pull you over for.

The rules for searching a car vary state by state. In California, if an Officer makes an arrest, they have the "duty" to inspect and inventory the entire contents of the vehicle for safe keeping, prior to towing and/or storage. Also the CHP, technically has the right to inspect any vehicle on the roadway.

If you think/feel that your rights have been violated- contact a criminal attorney at law.
Word. All that they really ever need is probable cause, and that could be you simply acting Like there's something to hide, or if you deny them the right to search you/your car they could always wait for a canine unit to show up and search the outside of your car, and wait and see if the dog detects anything, then they get their probable cause. My advice to you is don't tote anything around that could get your V-Dub taken away from you.

·
Registered
888 Posts
ya thanks dragon, about state to state here in mass its run by liberals who are all about their rights and we don't have the same crime problems as south CA so i bet its different ova there. i was just wondering bec my friend got his car searched the other day bec the cop said that he smelled weed. i doubt that thats the reason he searched him but we all kno that some cops could give a **** about valid reasons.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
ya thanks dragon, about state to state here in mass its run by liberals who are all about their rights and we don't have the same crime problems as south CA so i bet its different ova there. i was just wondering bec my friend got his car searched the other day bec the cop said that he smelled weed. i doubt that thats the reason he searched him but we all kno that some cops could give a **** about valid reasons.
Srsly- if it was a BS stop. Make a formal complaint. The good cops do not like working with bad cops. What happens with those complaints, even if there is no action taken against the Officer by his/her department, they do get filed and can and will come up in court (called a Pitchess motion here in CA) that shows the lack of the Officer's credibility.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ya im not sure what he will want to do he was born in Venezuela so the cop might have seen that and for some reason wanted to give him a hard time. ill tell him that tomorrow thanks for your help man.

·
Registered
888 Posts
thanks for posting the video ill forward it to him. i'm glad that i watched it it might just come in handy some day. Now is there a video that tells you how to talk you way out of a speeding ticket.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
thanks for posting the video ill forward it to him. i'm glad that i watched it it might just come in handy some day. Now is there a video that tells you how to talk you way out of a speeding ticket.
I'll see what I can come up with- good topic for another thread.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.