Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
i think you have that backwards the mkv's are almost as fun as the mkiv's lol and they look almost as sexy lol. hey justn ive had similar experiences i got pulled over for wreckless driving child endanger ment and exibition of speed. all i did was accellorate off a road and the cop was on a side block nailin some kid that was 15 for drivin underage (hints the childendangerment) so he lets this punk off and comes for me well im doin like 110 in a 30 now and try and duck off so i parked my car and waited (to be sneeky but not get alluding) so he caught up to me and said ryan why don't u come back to the car with me. i said ok. we sit there and i finally convince him that he heard my dv and it makes me sound faster than i really am. so i got a 38 in a 30. but he called my dad. sad thing was the next night i went home and was hallin ass down my road and i see a cop car in my driveway. my dad had called him and asked him to tell my dad the whole story needless to say i got my fast, and my bike taken away for 2 months. sad i know all the cops on first name basis and have cell numbers. lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
lol thats great.. hey since u have the same exahust setup as me does urs rub on ur back a-arm... mine does sometimes like at idle and i was wondering if i needed to tighten up the bolts?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
i got poped once (in the fast) just left a car meet and there was an s2k sittin at a light, buddy of mine owns it and an se-r sitting beside that. i heard the s2k rev up and the se-r, too. i patiently wait and load up to 3k and drop the clutch when it turns green and off we go. hopped out in front of them both and didnt look back. 2nd gear then 3rd gear and 4th, no one was catching me. I noticed an undercover sitting in the median fixin to make a u-turn and hit the brakes, hard.

he only "clocked" me 78 in a 45. the reason i say this is because i was haulin doin about 110 and brake so hard the se-r passes the cop before i do. i pull over, wait a few mins and the cop pops me. didn't mention anything about the other cars and just writes me a reckless, no questions asked.

parents didnt touch my car and legally can't.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i did something reallllly stupid once not in my GTI but i outran a cop in my friend's STi back in HS with my friend in the passenger seat in backroads and then town we were in had an old ordinance you have to keep them in view or pullthem over to give them a ticket... i shaked him off and never saw him and they couldnt do crap.... AWD FTW!!

but yea ive gone pretty balls to the walls with the GTI around turns... im impressed at the handling only do it really late at night with no traffic usually

·
Registered
164 Posts
my handling is getting pretty bad from me losing tread
x2 yea now i get wheel spin and burn out when i dont even try very hard or by accident... its hilarious but then everyone thinks im racing them... no you idiot in the corolla im not trying to race you so i dont embarass you...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was comming home from a car meet, and decided to show my friend how fast my fast really is.
So i turned on to a back road , and gave it all it had. When i reached 100 mph, i saw a car pull out into the other lane, but i decided that it wasnt a big deal. When i passed him i realized that it was a police officer, so i downshifted several gears and got down to the speed limit before he turned around. When he pulled me over he told me that i was under arrest for reckless endangerment. I asked him how fast he clocked me at and he said that he didnt. He said i didnt clock you i just saw you and heard you. Then i responded "then all you have on me is an exhaust ticket then isnt it???"After i said this he searched my fast without a warrent, and when he didnt find anything he said i could leave. What kind of bull**** harrassment was this???
I don't want to be mean, but I don't think the cop should have given you a break. You blow past a cop going at least 100 mph. Then procede to be a smart a$$ to him. Then you turn around and complain to us about police harrassment?! Clearly mommy and daddy should take away the GTi and get you something more suited for someone of your maturity.... like a Geo Metro.

Save that sh!t for the track.

·
Registered
181 Posts
thats a lil harsh hnda. the whole point of haveing a fast isn't about looking cool granted its a big perk. i for one wouldn't have let the cop even come close to me. i see cherries and berries and its goodbye. i know thats wrong but i feel that i drive a sports car. so imma sport the **** outta her. i agree it was harrasment on the cops part but the cop prolly came to the window like ive had done before and said get the f outta your car im takeing your licence. well when they come on to me like that i and every one is a lil co*ky. and that mommy and daddy statment unlike you obuvisouly some peoples mommy and daddys don't pay for their car's or insurence or gas or upgrades. and whats wrong with a geo metro i would rock one of those and i guarentee i would get laid more in that that you do in ur fast. lol
not to sound like a prick or n e thing just stateing my oppenion. of course ;=)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Weak fellas keep it friendly.

For all you youngsters whining about cops harassing you by being unfriendly...you have no idea what these cops could really do to you. I've been face down on the concrete, shotgun pointed straight at my dome, searched, frisked...man you name it. They'd pull me over all the time for no given reason...but they never took me in because I never did anything.

Now you're out there driving like a madman. Cop pulls you over for going 100 and you give him attitude like he's bothering you. Kid you need to count your blessings. You try that isht in Cali and you get a little more than a call home to your parents.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You're lucky he didn't arrest you. Officers don't need you on radar to testify in court to a visual estimation of speeding (at least in my jurisdiction). BUT, the search was uncalled for if that's how you're saying it went down. No warrant is needed to search someone's car, but permission is needed unless the vehicle is being towed for an infraction or there's another criminal element (i.e. plain view doctrine, odor of alcohol, odor of marijuana etc...).

If it was me. I would have arrested you, seized your vehicle, and notified your parents (unless you're your own man). Quick way to get on an officer's bad side is to act like it's his fault for your stupid decisions. But that's just me, you save that speed for the tracks, bro. Don't get me wrong, I may take on the occasional car in the streets myself, or let the car loose, but I never take it past 15 over the limit. 20 or more over is RD. It's not worth it on so many levels...Fines up the yin-yang, negative points on your license, insurance gets jacked, court fees, lawyer fees (which you'd need one for that).

3 Bumps for HNDA-KLR

·
Registered
606 Posts
Case in court here in Loudoun, guy had a lawyer too, officer testimony to visual estimation of speed to be in excess of 100 mph in medium traffic conditions on a 55mph highway. The judge said, "obviously this officer didn't come up with this number out of nowhere....." and he just continued going off on the guy for a good 5 minutes. He didn't give any jail time, but he stuck him with 6 month suspension of license, and the max fine of $2500.

·
Registered
129 Posts
See this is why I can't justify myself to spend all that money on upgrades when I won't be able to use them to their full extent. Now, I accellerate quickly here and there, I usually go 5 or 10 over the speed limit, sometimes 15 over on highways, and I take turns hard without speeding, but I really don't drive in excess of 100 mph. And if I wanted to, I could do that just fine stock. Sure, it would suck if someone wanted to race me in their modded out Evo or STi and I'm still stock but when the hell would I get the chance to use my chip that I paid 500 or more for if I don't go to tracks and I drive pretty conservatively most of the time. This is why I really don't see the point in doing anything other than getting a better intake. As much as I'd love to mod out my car, I just know I'm not going to put it to use.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts