Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Yea the cop also called my parents and told then I was going over 100mph!!! I was unaware that going 50over got a call home
Justin- call it even. Even know the cop may have called your folks, you didn't get arrested (and in FL they can seize your car for **** like that) and you didn't get a ticket.

If you were out here in CA, you'd expect to at least loose your license for a year and have your insurance go through the friggin' roof.

Just remember- as much of a jerk the cop was- he gave you one hell of a break. Don't expect the same next time. Go buy a lottery ticket.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
My Fast got me in trouble last week lol. I named her Lilith, the temptress from Sumerian myths. Luckly the cop let me off. He got me going 90 in a 65. When he pulled me over he asked how long i had the car. I told him about 3 weeks, then he asked me if it was fun :D. He asked if I knew why he stopped me, I told him I had an idea. Then he told me to slow down and let me off. Nicest cop I have ever met. LOL
He probably drives a MkIV GTI.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Ya i have a question reguarding that. will courts drop charges or tickets if the cops **** up and illegally search your car or backpack or anything. i seems like almost any court would be willing to drop a noise violation/speeding in exchange of illegal search and procedure.
Seeking legal advice on the internet isn't always going to get you the correct answer and you get what you pay for. :p

The general rule about an Officer not having probable cause during a traffic stop: It comes under "Fruit of the poisonous tree", if the Officer pulled you over for no reason at all, anything resulting from that point on is invalid in most cases if you did not give give consent to search. There are exceptions to the rule, and chances are that a resourceful Officer will find something to legally pull you over for.

The rules for searching a car vary state by state. In California, if an Officer makes an arrest, they have the "duty" to inspect and inventory the entire contents of the vehicle for safe keeping, prior to towing and/or storage. Also the CHP, technically has the right to inspect any vehicle on the roadway.

If you think/feel that your rights have been violated- contact a criminal attorney at law.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
ya thanks dragon, about state to state here in mass its run by liberals who are all about their rights and we don't have the same crime problems as south CA so i bet its different ova there. i was just wondering bec my friend got his car searched the other day bec the cop said that he smelled weed. i doubt that thats the reason he searched him but we all kno that some cops could give a **** about valid reasons.
Srsly- if it was a BS stop. Make a formal complaint. The good cops do not like working with bad cops. What happens with those complaints, even if there is no action taken against the Officer by his/her department, they do get filed and can and will come up in court (called a Pitchess motion here in CA) that shows the lack of the Officer's credibility.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
thanks for posting the video ill forward it to him. i'm glad that i watched it it might just come in handy some day. Now is there a video that tells you how to talk you way out of a speeding ticket.
I'll see what I can come up with- good topic for another thread.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Now is there a video that tells you how to talk you way out of a speeding ticket.
Discalimer: You want real advice: Consult an attorney.

What to do if pulled over;

read this: (NSFW due to language) http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2318594&postcount=1
It's how a cop may feel...

So,

Be nice and be courteous. No sarcasm, nor jokes. I can see Mr. TwinTurboBoost being pulled over by a NJ State Trooper, screaming "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!" as the cop approached his car.:D

Don't be stupid and even think about running from the cops. It is not worth it.

Keep your hands in the Officer's view at all times. If you are pulled over at night, open both windows and turn on your map light and place your hands on the steering wheel.

Listen to what the Officer says and follow his/her directions.

Learn to be polite without incriminating oneself.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts