Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Damn, you got lucky...I never would have gone up against a cop, they are pretty severe in my area.

I have a similar story, almost 3 years ago I got pulled over by a cop after having "raced" (I passed him in a couple seconds and then just continued without accelerating) a friend.

The cop had been following us for several blocks, watching us speed up and after taking a right onto a back-road, he turned his lights. Scariest night of my life...lol
The guy was cool though apparently I was doing 71 on a 30, which should have been reckless endangerment, but he said he would let me off with 69MPH instead and would only make me pay a fine as long as I drove straight home. (he followed me till I parked my car in my garage and then left)

I ended up paying $380 (instead of the $570 for 71MPH) and getting 7 points off my license.

Since then I have never raced and have matured!

·
Registered
747 Posts
my fast has gotten me in trouble numerous times. After gettin two tickets in 3 weeks, one of them should of been wreckless 79 in a 55 i thought i would of learnt my lesson. But i constantly catch myself not speeding for extended periods of time, but jus flooring it then noticing im doin 100. For the next 5mins i spend most of it watchin my rearview mirror.

praying that my lack of selfcontrol hasnt gotten me nailed.

my car is called abby, short of abnegate which means to resists..... yep, resistance is pointless. She always gets the better of me
I do speed on the highway, not going overly fast, maybe 85-90 in a 65 zone but thats just because I got a radar detector...doesn't work well in the city but on the highway it gives a clear warning well in advance coverage front and back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.