Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my car serviced and the girl mentioned this recall. She said it would be taken care of while the car was serviced.. I figured no biggie. whatever. But now im just curious... what the heck was done? can anyone explain the recall better than the info provided in the bulletin? Here is the info from the website:

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
VOLKSWAGEN / GTI 2006-2008

VOLKSWAGEN / JETTA 2005-2008

VOLKSWAGEN / R32 2006-2008

VOLKSWAGEN / RABBIT 2006-2008

Recall Number: 07V442000
Summary:
CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." SOME VEHICLES MAY NOT HAVE HAD A REQUIRED CAP INSTALLED WHICH DISABLES THE HEADLIGHT HORIZONTAL AIM AND SOME VEHICLES MAY CONTAIN A CAP THAT DISABLES THE VERTICAL AIMING SCREW.
Consequence:
NONCOMPLIANCE CAN INHIBIT PROPER HEADLAMP AIM ADJUSTMENT FOR ROADWAY ILLUMINATION, IMPROPERLY AIMED HEADLAMPS COULD CAUSE REDUCED ROAD VISIBILITY, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT FOR THE PRESENCE OF A CAP IN THE SOCKET OF THE LOW BEAM HORIZONTAL AIMING SCREW AND INSTALL ONE IF MISSING, AND INSPECT FOR THE PRESENCE OF A CAP IN THE SOCKET OF THE VERTICAL AIMING SCREW AND IF PRESENT, THE CAP WILL BE REMOVED. THE RECALL WILL BEGIN ON OCTOBER 31, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT VW AT 1-800-822-8987.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if you read the recall that you just posted...it says specifically what was done. Look under the "remedy" section.

They just have to make sure vertical adjustement is there, and horrizontal adjustment is not (im assuming they are aiming the headlights too).

it's prety self explanatory, and has ebeen discussed in another thread.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just took my car in for an alignment and I saw on my invoice that they did the recall procedure to my car. I have an 07' GTI that I got back in May.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts