Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and didn't see this anywhere. I'm not exactly complaining but am bemused, I guess. ???

I was just sitting there in the turn lane, when clack!! My rearview mirror suddenly fell clean off, leaving this stumpy thing on the windshield. My first reflex was to check the rearview mirror.....yeah, very disorienting, or disorientating as they might say on Top Gear, even for just a few minutes. You get used to having that thing there! So, I pulled over, and fiddled with it and just popped it back on. :)

So, has this happened to others? I wonder if this is just a one-time thing..... I have flipped it occasionally to keep from being blinded but that's it! :-\

·
Registered
573 Posts
Gunny said:
What's behind you does not matter.
This is a first for me, quoting myself... who can tell me what movie that line was from? It went more like this though: "whatsa behinda you, dosa nota matter", and he ripped off his mirror and threw it out of the car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine did that the day I bought it. It was a little bit of a shock for me too. With the way it locks onto the part that's glued to the windshield, I guess it can just wiggle itself loose sometimes if it isn't on there completely. Mine hasn't come off again since I put it back on and made sure it was fully locked.

·
Banned
890 Posts
:( Gunny, in your case LOL probably meant 'Loss of Love', kitty has move to kittie heaven. My kittie hates car rides...any drivers out there with CAR CRAZY CITTIES ? Couple weeks ago my buddy,'2' went to puppy heaven after 11 years with us.

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's kind of lame, but funny as hell the way I'm seeing it in my head. I guess it could happen if not snapped in there correctly, but don't dwell on it. I'm surprised you even noticed, I would have been having too much fun driving to take note for at least a few miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GranTurismoInjection said:
That's kind of lame, but funny as hell the way I'm seeing it in my head. I guess it could happen if not snapped in there correctly, but don't dwell on it. I'm surprised you even noticed, I would have been having too much fun driving to take note for at least a few miles.
Well, I was stopped in traffic when it went flying off, making a noise when it hit the floor of the passenger side; otherwise, yeah, I might not have taken note while zooming along, good point! ;) "like, hey no cops behind me, great!"

·
Registered
842 Posts
clay57 said:
:( Gunny, in your case LOL probably meant 'Loss of Love', kitty has move to kittie heaven. My kittie hates car rides...any drivers out there with CAR CRAZY CITTIES ? Couple weeks ago my buddy,'2' went to puppy heaven after 11 years with us.
I know how hard that is Clay57....... :(

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It could have come off due in part to a massive "bass flare" of epic proportions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.