Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so apparently there's 3 Fahrenheits left at the dealer I'm planning on buying from. I'm confused as to the features in it though. Many pictures of the fahrenheit interior show it as having nav with dual climate control, but I read somewhere that they don't? Also, the Fahrenheits are going for 25k a piece since they want to get them off the lot. The 08 GTI I was originally going for would have run me 30k with many of the options that the fahrenheit has standard. So, what does the Fahrenheit come with that regular GTI's don't?

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
No nav and no dual climate zone (only the prototype had those features)

Standard w/ Fahrenheit:

heated leather seat/Sunroof/DSG/Special paint & stitching & badging/18# Charleston wheels/euro suspension

(only option was Sirius radio)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey Patrick, i just had my sirious 3 month trial turned on 2 days ago, i love it, i definitely think ill be paying for a membership with it, its great! Tlaren, buy the 07 Fahrenheit, you will not regret it! the dual climate control is a waste, i mean its a hot hatch car, its not big enough to even warrent a dual zone climate control anyway...the nav is no big deal, i use a tom tom and plan on upgrading to a double din with sirius and ipod adapter and blue tooth and nav, plenty of room for a 6 disc changer under drivers seat, but whats the point with sirius and ipod anyway? good luck, which numbers do you have to choose from?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
^
^
^
^
CORRECT!! Here's the deal with the FH. It's a limited edition, limited production car. Meaning that somewhere, at some point, when we all own different cars, or perhaps the same one. Some body WILL want YOUR car. Whether it be at auction, (ebay included) or elsewhere. Someone at some point WILL be looking for your car. That's a huge plus when you want to sell, and know that you can make ALL your money back...theoretically anyways. If nothing else though, just to have a GTI that only 1199 other owners in the US have, is pretty cool man. People know what it is when they see it, and will wanna play with you on the highway....it's a good feeling. aside from that status, there isn't much different. But having a FH makes you a special V-dub owner...not that all Vdubs aren't special, but the FH takes the cake.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What's the difference between the FH suspension and all other MK5 GTI's? I thought VW didn't water down the suspension when we finally got the GTI's in the US. Vegas FH states that they have a "euro" suspension. When I test drove the FH I could only feel the difference in ride quality between the 17" all seasons and the 18's on the FH.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The FH suspension sits approximately 8mm's lower than the standard U.S. suspension. Not a big difference, but noticable at the handling limits of the car.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The FH suspension sits approximately 8mm's lower than the standard U.S. suspension. Not a big difference, but noticable at the handling limits of the car.
Agreed, i dont think the handling difference is anywhere near that of say an H&R coilover set, but from stock FH to stock MKV i think there is a subtle difference when you start pushing hard.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks guys. Sorry I didn't respond I have trouble finding threads that are tucked away after they're not on the main page. Anyways I ended up buying the car about 2 weeks ago few days before Christmas (good timing) It's number 72/1200. I later found out that I was so close to not getting the car because a lady from New York wanted it and the only reason she didn't get it was because she didn't put a deposit down and I did. I'm practically addicted to the car and have to go to my garage to stare at it for a few minutes every once and a while just to make sure it's still there lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.