Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a New '07 4 door DSG GTI today, and already have noticed rattles from the "Air outlet for indirect ventilation or storage area", the thing right above the emergency flasher switch. It's quite annoying and i was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with it.

Other than that the car's awesome... cept for the fact that there's no glove compartment light... right? or am i just not finding it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
quanzum said:
I just bought a New '07 4 door DSG GTI today, and already have noticed rattles from the "Air outlet for indirect ventilation or storage area", the thing right above the emergency flasher switch. It's quite annoying and i was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with it.

Other than that the car's awesome... cept for the fact that there's no glove compartment light... right? or am i just not finding it?
This is the only car I've ever had without any rattles.....even after install'n a kick'n system. I've pulled apart that whole area and the only thing that could rattle in there would be the wires that connect the hazard and air bag sensor light for the passengers...I guess you could have the dealer take it apart and try and see or tap it against something.

As for the glove box, I don't think I've ever gone into mine except during the day once or twice...the damn thing has cooling, I'd assume it would have some sorta light but I have no real idea. Now I wanna go look..... ::)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my GTI about a month ago and that damn thing rattles on my dash too! It started the first day I had my car. I put a radar detector on it and that stopped the rattling :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea the funny thing is, it only rattles at NIGHT! lol I think it's because of the low temperature at night that makes some parts shrink a bit. It' s the only explanation I can think of.

And you're right, if you put something heavy on it, it stops rattling. sounds like something just under the cover is rattling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a TSB for that rattle, the dealer should remove the tray or top acon vent and put padded tape around the edges. THere are threads on vwvortex about it.

Dave N

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, can you post the link for this issue at vwvortex.com? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.

Thanks so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.