My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 07 gti with 45,000km on it and there is a rattle in the center console area somewhere, took it to dealer and they said its not coverd under warranty anymore, how can you fix this????? [help]

·
Registered
842 Posts
Monkey420 said:
hey i have an 07 gti with 45,000km on it and there is a rattle in the center console area somewhere, took it to dealer and they said its not coverd under warranty anymore, how can you fix this????? [help]
You only have 1 year and 20,000km (I think) for "adjustments" - that means rattles. I am going to take mine in immediately for each odd noise I hear (within reason). You got to get them fixed right away - too bad yours developed late. That is a well documented problem. Vortex has a DIY for that one I think.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My car is making a similar sound too, from the front and the back also, it is very weird and concerning. Never makes the dam noise when I take it in, and there clue less there any way.
Any info would be good info
thanks fellas

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i checked that website and couldn't find it, so if anybody else has some info, that would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I'm on my second MK V and both of them have had the same rattle. I'm have an appointment tomorrow to have it fixed. If they give me a hard time however, I'll DIY it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dealer fixed my rattle in the dash back in April no charge just a few weeks after I'd had the car for a year. Started rattling again a month or two ago. They repaired it again this week, no charge. Except I don't think they got it fixed. I'll probably be taking it back next week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is a TSB for this problem. It is the center air diffuser rattling against the metal underneath. I just got it fixed. Still makes noise, bit only when I go over some big bumps. The dealership told me that there is only a year warranty for this, but I bitched at them and then they decided to look it up and found out that there is a recall (or whatever they called it) for it and got fixed for no charge with some foam and tape.

·
Registered
147 Posts
mine does it too its the center air diffuser were the heat comes out to put it all on the windshield They made a sterio in your car so put it to use turn up the tunes and forget about it worry about if your engine is knocking or clunking not if your air vent is rattling a bit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.