My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! Just joined. I've been reading many different complaints from mkv drivers having all kinds of annoying sounds in their car, and I am also one of them. You know, this is my third VW and my first brand new one. (2007 Reflex GTI) I previously owned a 87' Scirocco and a 93' Fox. I'm not an excessively aggressive driver, nor do I make a lot of mods to my vehicles, such as lowering, suspension, exhaust and etc. I do have fun driving and I love driving my mkv! But, WTF?!?!?! My first two VW's reached a point and just started to fall apart, as if their ticking time bombs. Now, my GTI keeps developing noise after noise. A creak here, a rattle or rumble there. Is this the bomb ticking?

Does anyone have a almost constant rumbling or wrapping noise coming from the rear of their mkv? It sounds almost like the noise of having your sub up too loud in your trunk, but without the music. I checked everything, everywhere and I can't reproduce the sound to pinpoint it. And then there's the driver's side creaking! This one makes me irate! I usually hear it when making right turns on a little bit of a slope and over big bumps. It sounds like a combination of weather-stripping and the interior materials in the seat-belt assembly. I stuffed 2 business cards in behind the weather-strip around the seat-belt area and it seemed to help for an hour. I've tried everything to get rid of this noise. I put Talc on the stripping, thanks Macgeyver, and i tried keeping it clean and properly lubed. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
321 Posts
You should take the car back to your dealer and demand that they fix all that shit. I have had my Fast for almost 2 years now and not a single rattle or creak...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Check your production date......I'll bet it was in October!! >:D

Go to the dealer....good advice....get it on paper ASAP.

·
Registered
119 Posts
22350 said:
Check your production date......I'll bet it was in October!! >:D

Go to the dealer....good advice....get it on paper ASAP.
thats what i would do..ive never had any problems with mine, and ive only ever heard good things about VW cars, but thats just me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks for the quick replies. I didn't want to sound like a beach 'cause I love my 'dub. What's the deal with production date of 10/11? How can I find out? With the vin?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think he's just kidding.

He's probably saying that cause of Oktoberfest. You know? Bunch of drunk Germans... so therefor messed up V-dubs during that month. Get it? :)

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
July is usually right before their vacation!!! They close down the whole factory for two-three weeks in the summer (my dad used to work in the VW factory in Belgium).

;) Maybe their minds are already on vacation during those weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is your a 4-door? Try sliding a piece of an old credit card or ID at the bottom of the rear door panel; towards the back where it starts going up.

If it helps, then you need to pad the mounting points of the rear door pannel to avoid vibrations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 door. It's got to be the weatherstrip. My door also has a whistle when I have the climate control set to fresh air. Open for suggestions.
Pulling my hair out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a two door and i also have the same rattle/ thump noise. it comes and goes. I've taken the rear right interior piece off to see if is the seat belt housing but everything looks and feels solid. I dunno, but i will mention it when i go for the 10,000 mile service in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Or not, no GTIs are built in Mexico. Wolfsburg only. It only makes a sound when i go over f-ed up memphis roads and i figured out that i was a loose interior panel near the back seat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its the same thing with mine. I have a rattle noise in the passenger door, a rattling in the the center dash air diffuser, and that click click click noise under the dash on the drivers side somewhere by the pedals. I am hoping to get these fixed when I take in my car for the 40,000 mile maintenance check-up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its the same thing with mine. I have a rattle noise in the passenger door, a rattling in the the center dash air diffuser, and that click click click noise under the dash on the drivers side somewhere by the pedals. I am hoping to get these fixed when I take in my car for the 40,000 mile maintenance check-up.
I also have a rattle in my passenger door. It rattles when I have the music on with barley any bass. Mine has roughly 900 miles on it and have not spoken with the dealer yet because I dont have time to be stuck there for hours while they fix it and they wont give me a d#mn loaner. I am thinking it is probably a snap clip in the bottom of the door but it being such a new car I dont want to break any clips investigating. Has anyone had this problem and actually got the dealer to fix it without it coming back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too. Just picked up a "Pre-Loved" 07 GTI with the 17" wheels. Rides pretty firm, which is fine for me, but the interior of this car seems to hate it. It's loose as a goose. I seem to get rattles from every direction whenever I go over any kind of rough pavement (which, in Detroit, is about every 100 ft!!).

I don't even know where to start looking for problems, and I have very low confidence that the dealer gives a $#!&.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.