Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a discussion that "claims" to have discovered a way to raise the rev limiter using Vag Com

QUOTE:
I was messing around with my vag-com and my 05.5 pkg 1 jetta 2.5, and i found a way to raise the rev limiter!!!!
go under instruments [#17(i think)]
and select adaption
read block 35, it should say engine speed threshold at the top above the 4 display areas.
the display areas show N/A
change th stored value from 0-7 7 being the highest.
Mine was set to 0 and i sued to get a lot of power loss a just above 5K rpm but since i changed it to 7 the car holds power to the redline.

I don't know what other cars are set at but i tried this on my friends 03 gti and it worked on his too. his was also set to 0

Click here for the original post.

What do you guys make of this??

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why would you want to raise the rev limiter anyway? Don't you know it's there for a reason? Your engine was designed to run up to a certain speed. Beyond that you run a serious risk of cracked cases, blown gaskets, and any number of over 3000 moving parts shattering causing instant catastrophic failure. But don't take my word for it, I'm just an engineer.

Good Luck with that. ::)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bboy AJ said:
Holding boost at those engine speeds doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
I don't think this has anything to do with turbo boost, but rather rpm's.....if it actually works that is.

·
Registered
300 Posts
MicMoor77 said:
Why would you want to raise the rev limiter anyway? Don't you know it's there for a reason? Your engine was designed to run up to a certain speed. Beyond that you run a serious risk of cracked cases, blown gaskets, and any number of over 3000 moving parts shattering causing instant catastrophic failure. But don't take my word for it, I'm just an engineer.

Good Luck with that. ::)
Agreed. In the end, there is a reason for the redline. It's the line preventing your engine from exploding...

Bboy AJ said:
Holding boost at those engine speeds doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Does the engine boost usually drop as approaching peak RPMs to prevent problems? I need to read up on my turbo knowledge... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts