My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new "stubby" antenna for my fast and I noticed after putting it on the Song Artist and Song Title do not show up on my radio display anymore. Could the new antenna not be picking up that particular signal? Does anyone have any info about this or how it works?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Kiss My Fast said:
I just bought a new "stubby" antenna for my fast and I noticed after putting it on the Song Artist and Song Title do not show up on my radio display anymore. Could the new antenna not be picking up that particular signal? Does anyone have any info about this or how it works?
Hmmm seems unlikely that a new "Stubby" would affect this at all. Now if there are loose wires, or something of that nature I could maybe understand, def go back and check all your connections first.......then check your stereo, is it just on radio?

Don't forget not every station has the metadata with the songs showing artist/song ect...so make sure you are tuned into one that does....

Around here in MA only 94.5 and 107.9 have it.....which stinks...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
scans007 said:
Kiss My Fast said:
Hmmm seems unlikely that a new "Stubby" would affect this at all. Now if there are loose wires, or something of that nature I could maybe understand, def go back and check all your connections first.......then check your stereo, is it just on radio?

Don't forget not every station has the metadata with the songs showing artist/song ect...so make sure you are tuned into one that does....

Around here in MA only 94.5 and 107.9 have it.....which stinks...
If the titles are not showing up, it could be a signal quality issue with the antenna itself, the stubby antenna may have less gain (weaker signal input) than the original antenna. The narrowband signal that broadcasts the text is tiny, where as the audio (analog) portion of the FM signal is large.

Assuming you have the old antenna still, find the weakest signal FM station you can find, switch to the stubby and see if you "loose" the station.

·
Registered
277 Posts
^ Really.......that's like say'n if your internet connection is slow or you have weak wireless you won't get all the information.......seems crazy. That's what I get for try'n to apply logic........... :p

But I don't understand the info behind radio waves so I'll just shhhhh.

My bad! I hear women always have problems with stubby's.......err I mean radio id stuff....... ;D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just came back from lunch and everything seemed to be working again. I guess it was all in my head. Thanks everyone for the help and the ideas!!! O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
scans007 said:
^ Really.......that's like say'n if your internet connection is slow or you have weak wireless you won't get all the information.......seems crazy. That's what I get for try'n to apply logic........... :p

But I don't understand the info behind radio waves so I'll just shhhhh.

My bad! I hear women always have problems with stubby's.......err I mean radio id stuff....... ;D
LOLz

It's not the size of the antenna, it's what you can do with it. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts