Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a manufacturer producing roof racks for the MKVs yet? I have a Yakima rack that I would like to use for my skis but they don't have any adaptors for the MKV yet. It's really starting to bum me out, however, I'm not the least bit interested in paying the premium price for a VW model.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm assuming that any rack designed to fit cars without rain gutters should work. Thule makes some quality stuff in the $130 to $170 range. Screw that $275 VW crap.

Update: Something like this perhaps?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the right track but when you check the fit guide, there is no listing. I called Yakima racks and the guy had no idea when there might be an application for our cars.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed this morning that Yakima now has a fit for the mkV. It will cost me $184 for the towers and clips, but it is cheaper than buying the whole thing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry for the possible off-topic but I would NEVER ruin the look of my GTI by mounting a stupid roof rack on top of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a hitch for my GTI, I'm thinking something that can handle 7000 lbs or so, or maybe a snowplow, I'm waiting for my Duelly conversion to come in..... ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts