Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
170HP and 300ft/lbs of torque:eek: diesel

I want one!

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars...fications/volkswagen_golf_2_0_tdi_r_line-1529

R line for the Golf

Volkswagen Individual has designed three different R line options for the Golf. For the first upgrade stage starting with the Golf Trendline an R line package is available consisting of sporty 17-inch alloy wheels (of type "Omanyt") with wide tires, a sport leather steering wheel (three spokes, perforated leather, R32-style steering wheel clip), parking brake lever and gearshift knob in leather, R-style pedals, door trims and an identifying R logo on the outside of the car.

Volkswagen put together the "Plus" R line package for the next upgrade level. In addition to the features in the first package, here top sport seats in front ("Monte Carlo" fabric with R embossed headrests) refine the interior. The "Plus" package also enters the scene with its own "Engine Spin dark" d�cor.
New car buyers can order the "Exterior" R line package separately from these two packages. The package adds a dynamic look to the already powerfully designed Golf. And these are the ingredients: the protective radiator grill in dual fin design with a matte chrome surface familiar from the R32, air inlets in slatted look, 17-inch alloy wheels (of type "Omanyt"), roof edge spoiler, painted spoiler lower sections (front and back), a black diffusor, R logos on the sides of the front fenders and interior door trim.

For all Golf R line packages Volkswagen Individual offers optional 18-inch alloy wheels including sport chassis. "Vienna" leather equipment and a sporty dark rooflining can also be added to the "Plus" package.

These three R line packages - with some car-specific variations - are also being offered by Volkswagen Individual for the Touran (Trendline and Highline), Passat and Passat Variant (Sportline and Highline) and Touareg model series. All of them are also related, among other things, by the R line "Omanyt" wheels, developed for different sizes (up to 20 inches for the Touareg) and loads. R line versions for other Volkswagen models are also entirely conceivable.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Totally Sweet!!! ...and I assume we are not getting it in the US ?!?!?

I don't like the regular TDI's in the States, not enough power. My buddy in Belgium has a 2.0 TDI with 140HP...and that car is pretty fast (for a Diesel)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Totally Sweet!!! ...and I assume we are not getting it in the US ?!?!?

I don't like the regular TDI's in the States, not enough power. My buddy in Belgium has a 2.0 TDI with 140HP...and that car is pretty fast (for a Diesel)
I heard we are getting this engine in the states, I think next fall, and the R line Golf TDI as well. I will trade mine in for one if that happens. Can't beat that kind of power @ 50 MPG!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I heard we are getting this engine in the states, I think next fall, and the R line Golf TDI as well. I will trade mine in for one if that happens. Can't beat that kind of power @ 50 MPG!
If that thing gets 50 mpg i would trade in my durango for one as my work car, ill sell my 3000 watt generator and buy 2 2000 watters ( they have carry handles ) with the seats folded down i could get all my gear and both gens in the back, would be heavy but even with all that i would be stoked on 40 mpg.

Pretty cool styling too, love the GTR logos and R32 look

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
that is pretty cool. Hopefully we do get them here. VW is really hitting the diesel hard this year....with the tiguan, this new R TDI....pretty awesome if you ask me...especially considering that Biodiesel is a great alternative to fossil fuels. Good job VW!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think that diesel is the way of the future. Theres biodiesel now that 50MPG is nothing. Theres a prototype that i saw on future cars 0-60 5 sec 150MPG looks like a ferrari 360 spyder 2 seater convertable mid engine. A toyota prius get like 50MPG at 3.00 a gallon. this car running on biodiesel at 1.00 a gallon. so in this prototype your getting 450 miles for 3 bucks thats 9 times as efficient on dollars as a hybrid. i might be wrong, wikipedia isnt a reliable source

also this prototype is a ***** magnet and fast and fuel efficient what more can you ask for

·
Registered
479 Posts
300 ft. lbs. and a 6 speed? Let's pull some stumps! Biodiesel is the future if automakers can get Americans to accept diesels. (Eventually they may be forced to) They're not the noisy smoke belchers they used to be.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I wish everyone looked at diesel the way u do. Stupid Masshole liberals made diesel cars illegal to sell here all i see now is the occasional benz turbo diesel from like 1989.

·
Registered
888 Posts
they dont stink like hell anymore either, also is vw gonna put all of that torque to good use and make the jetta awd.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Damn 50MPG beats the hell out of 15MPG
Get yourself the 6 speed from a 20th or order one online. Cuts back from 2800rpm @ 70mph lol

Big gas saver. Use 5th gear anytime you're over 35mph. still pulls... lot of lag tho

The newer prius' hits upwards of 60mpg... If VW can compete with that at a better price, they'd be in killer shape with sales...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.