My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing this thing and ran into a little bump...i bought the pod which sits on the steering wheel (doesn't seem like it's very snug... = /), and the indigo gauge. However, i have found two sets of directions, neither of which complete my puzzle. The one set tells me to connect the green and brown wires to a gray and brown wire, well, the guage i have has a red and black wire. I tried connected the red and black to the grey and brown and came up with nothing. Although, i used the included stupid little clip things, so I'm not sure if the clip is to blame, or my wire choice. Does anyone know which colors you're supposed to splice into off the back of the dimmer controler? I just want to try and save some time and possibly money.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i hooked the red wire up to the gray one coming off the dimmer switch by the head light switch and the black wire to a nut next to it for the ground and it works well

·
Registered
606 Posts
Seiky said:
I'm in the process of installing this thing and ran into a little bump...i bought the pod which sits on the steering wheel (doesn't seem like it's very snug... = /), and the indigo gauge. However, i have found two sets of directions, neither of which complete my puzzle. The one set tells me to connect the green and brown wires to a gray and brown wire, well, the guage i have has a red and black wire. I tried connected the red and black to the grey and brown and came up with nothing. Although, i used the included stupid little clip things, so I'm not sure if the clip is to blame, or my wire choice. Does anyone know which colors you're supposed to splice into off the back of the dimmer controler? I just want to try and save some time and possibly money.
If you look in my "DIY - LED's wired to dimmer for an interior touch" I actually have a picture of the wires from my Newsouth running to the dimmer wires. Also, with the pod, I just used a butt-load of 3M double-sided sticky tape and I haven't had any problems. I'm still trying to figure out a better approach to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts