Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 GTI 1.8T, I am currently looking into performance exhausts. I ordered a 42DD downpipe with a magnaflow cat. I am looking for a reasonably priced catback to make this a full turboback since I am chipping very soon (I am aware I already have the cat, I just need the remaining pieces of the exhaust).

I was wondering if any mk4 owners have had a Tsudo/ Wicked Tuning/ BBP exhaust, with my research it seems like these are all the same exhaust. I have heard mixed opinions on this exhaust and was hoping for some more current opinions. I have pretty much learned you get what you pay for but have heard people say these exhausts are better than some top of the line exhausts. I don't want a ricer exhaust thats going to break on me after a couple months of use. If anybody has pictures or videos with it on a MK4 that would be much appreciated. I am very new to the site so hopefully I didn't f*ck up, Thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its a cat back just go your local exhaust shop and have them do a 2.5" to 3" custom pipe. much cheaper.
Yeah it is just catback. Okay I will look into that, thanks for the advice. I am just trying to figure out my best bang for buck with the catbacks I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just go on youtube, i've seen clips before. I actually always hear good things about the tsudo exhaust.
I have heard a couple youtube videos of them and they sound pretty nice, I've never seen a video on an mkIV (except the tsudo company video) so I was just trying to get a consensus. It seems like they have a good reputation overall, their prices just scare me a bit. Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.