Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
damn ur sound system is gonna cost more than half ur car.....!!

hots shit...wish i had the financial flexibility to do that

for the head unit...im more looking into building a carputer. i would send you a link of this clean ass instal, but pics arent there ne more. The install of the touchscreen monitor was soo clean that the frame bezel was fiberglassed and painted to match the dash. There were no visible buttons, everything could b done by remote or touchscreen. it was soo sexy. Carputer cost him bout 800 bucks

neway...nice choice in components

·
Registered
277 Posts
All out you say......... O0

Where are you gonna put everything??? Our rides don't have the most space to mount stuff.....be VERY conscientious of how big things are and where are you gonna mount them....don't just assume you will have space..... there isn't as much room under the steats as one would expect also, I found that out the hard way

You are gonna need some hella nice/powerful amps to get the full use outta those speakers/subs my friend, I didn't see one on your list........my 1 - 10'' elemental designs is running on -4 on the head unit and the gain is BARELY on and it's still ready to blow out my back window. >:D.....always remember, you don't have to buy the most expensive to get the perfect sound, this is a tiny car - it's all about the acoustics.

also with the Higher end Avic's they can't be hacked to play movies, use locked nav features, ect...while moving (which is why I went with the D3) They have a gyroscope based system that "detects if the car is moving" so far no ones cracked it.......

Why do you need the 5.1? Unless you are gonna put screens in the headrests for peeps in the back it's prob way overkill....(sweet, but over kill 8))

Steering wheel controls - you will not be able to use the full functionality like the stock wheel provides as it sends its signals through a canbus and it controls the MFD also. They only way is to hook it up to "Dead" buttons which would be the Volume, and the "mute" and "phone" button - I haven't actually gotten around to do'n this yet - but my guess is that it will work with these 4 buttons :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thought I put the amp up there here it is...think thats enough power?
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm...de06a75db-D0F98495-1422-7C6E-50FB0431CBB2A082

or do you think i will need two?

the 5.1...I was hoping for a true surround sound experience...dont know how good it will be

also scans I tried to find a website that had your speakers but couldnt find them...did you purchase them via web? also you think I should get the 3 way component or you think the 2 way would be enough? the only reason why I wanted that Z2 headunit was for its hardrive and its voice command is pretty cool...and it comes in red light...the other HDD HU's i found didnt have red accent lights on your D3 do you have to switch btwn NAV cd and audio cd?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts