Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to the whole performance part of cars and I have a question... I have a 2000 golf gls 1.8t and I was look to get an ECU upgrade from Revo Technik. I was just wondering if I need to get a Stage 1 upgrade before I can get a Stage 2...or is it possbile to just jump and get a Stage 2 from stock??? Probably a silly question, but I'm new at this.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm pretty much a noob to that stuff too, but I believe a "stage 2" involves some intake/exhaust upgrades as well as ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea..I gotcha but I was thinkin about gettin a revo technik ECU upgrade but if I can get a stage 2 without needing to have a stage 1 it would save money and i Mean I know that I would need an aftermarket exhuast and a 4 bar FPR. It is possible to completely skip the first stage??

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Yeah, but usually you have to win a couple races before you unlock the stage 2 upgrades.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thalo said:
Yeah, but usually you have to win a couple races before you unlock the stage 2 upgrades.
Yeah, I didn't get teh stage to stuff until after I beat that Mexican guy with the Lexus.

Wait, was it the Lexus or the Supra? It's been a while...

·
Registered
690 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
I think the Mexican chick had the pink Eclipse.
Yeah, the chick had the eclipse. But I'm pretty sure the Mexican dude had the Lexus...

If I wasn't so busy getting my ass kicked in Splinter Cell I might toss in NFS for a few minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With cars in general, man, 'stage' just refers to how aggressive the mod is. You could theoretically just jump to stage 4, but you're not going to have the most drivable car in the world.

The only time you'll have a problem with this is when a company sells a Stage 1 'kit' and then upgrades to the 'kit,' but not another kit entirely. i.e. Stage 1 kit includes ECU, headers, exhaust, intake, etc. But then they could sell a Stage 2 turbo that somewhat relies on these mods they assume you already have installed.

I know I sound confusing, but I hope this clears things up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.