Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing this has probably been asked and answered before but is searched and couldn't find anything. I purchased an '09 Black GTI a few months ago, and liked the particular car because the rear bumper was painted. I assumed that was a stock option but I rarely see other MKV's with body color painted bumpers, usually they're the matte color. Was this ever a stock option, or did the previous owner get the bumpers painted? Ether way I like it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
unless you have a votex or R32 bumper, it shouldnt be painted. look up pics on google of both bumpers and see if thats what u have. If not then the PO painted it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply. After some searching around, it is definitely looks to be a Vortex kit, as I have the side skirts painted as well as a front lip on my car. Weird that Vortex doesn't seem to have a website. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to reply. After some searching around, it is definitely looks to be a Vortex kit, as I have the side skirts painted as well as a front lip on my car. Weird that Vortex doesn't seem to have a website. Thanks for the info!
Votex

VoRtex is a vw/audi forum full of haters and people with Irratible Bowel Syndrome

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
VoRtex is a vw/audi forum full of haters and people with Irratible Bowel Syndrome
Lolz

Got some pics ?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
They re-named the Votex kit to Volkswagen ZubehöR now, that is why you cant find the name votex on tuning sites anymore but they happen to sell the ZubehöR kit on ECStuning.com
good to know!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Looks good! I live in Cali also but I too the license plate off, filled the holes and plastidipped the grille and put the plate in the windshield corner, looks so much cleaner without the plate on the grille IMO! Oh and no problems with the law so far!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts