Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing around a few part websites and I noticed sport springs, and asked a co-worker ( a major car enthusiast) about them and he said they were a great idea IF my struts can handle them without wearing out prematurely.

So I ask you, if I installed the Neuspeed sport springs on my car, do I need to buy new struts also? [help]

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i would recommend that you do so. it all depends on the drop though. i had my fast dropped 2 inches (best thing i did so far) and with that much reduction in suspesion travel i put in some koni sport shocks and struts. if you want to lower it an inch or something, then you should be fine with the stock set up. i saw some info on one of the tunner sites, something about dropping the gti with stock shocks, they were fine at first, but pretty soon the car was all extra jumpy and they had to replace them. they will wear out much quicker if you go with really aggressive springs. this is all just speculation ofcourse. im no mechanic or nothing. see if you can yahoo it or something. in my opinion, its best to get the job done right the first time, and throw on some new shocks. its really expensive to have a shop tear up your suspension the first time, just to have em do it again in a month or 2 for new shocks, and then alighnment. i saved up so i could do the whole set up at once, takes a bit longer but boy is it worth it >:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.