My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY IM A NOOB AT THIS CAR SO I NEED HELP..
(1) I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 07 CW GTI PACKAGE ONE.
AND WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE DEALER LOT IT ALREADY HAD 159 MILES ON IT. AND WHEN I ASK THEM THEY SAID THAT THE CAR WAS SWAPED FROM ANOTHER DEALER. IS THAT SOMETHING I HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT ?
ON THE WAY TO THE NEW DEALER THEY WOULDN'T LIKE REV UP THE ENGINE OR SPEED TO THE REDLINE RIGHT ?

(2)ONE MORE QUESTION A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT WHEN U FIRST GET A NEW CAR YOU SHOULD NOT SPEED AND KEEP THE SPEED UNDER 60 MPH UNTIL I REACH ABOUT 2000 MILES FOR THE CAR TO BE BROKEN IN. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE~ PLEASE~~~~~!!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Technically it's only used if it was registered before he/she bought it.

I've worked in dealerships for the last ten years and trust me, your car was most likely given a nice beat run on the way to the dealer. It was probably driven there by some 18 year old lot kid and I'm sure he had a fun ride. With 159 miles on it it deffinately wasn't towed there.

It doesn't really matter though because when the dealer firsts take delivery of the car the technician has to inspect and road test the vehicle. And usually that road test does not involve babying it.

A technician and myself took turns on a Dodge Charger SRT-8 that was a lot of fun. Full throttle all the way.

Every car out there before you buy it has been beat on it's part of the initial inspection. They have to check everything.

So you don't really have to worry. The car was already broken in when you got it but try to take it easy on the car for the 1st 1000 miles.

Best thing to do though is to change the oil at 1,000 miles. Then you can drive as hard as you want.

·
Registered
842 Posts
mofo529 said:
Technically it's only used if it was registered before he/she bought it.

I've worked in dealerships for the last ten years and trust me, your car was most likely given a nice beat run on the way to the dealer. It was probably driven there by some 18 year old lot kid and I'm sure he had a fun ride. With 159 miles on it it deffinately wasn't towed there.

It doesn't really matter though because when the dealer firsts take delivery of the car the technician has to inspect and road test the vehicle. And usually that road test does not involve babying it.

A technician and myself took turns on a Dodge Charger SRT-8 that was a lot of fun. Full throttle all the way.

Every car out there before you buy it has been beat on it's part of the initial inspection. They have to check everything.

So you don't really have to worry. The car was already broken in when you got it but try to take it easy on the car for the 1st 1000 miles.

Best thing to do though is to change the oil at 1,000 miles. Then you can drive as hard as you want.
well that explains all the rattles in the cabin...........even if it isn't technically used, I still think that jwl should have extracted a discount for the miles - but I guess it was already paid for by the time he/she realized it............?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Mmm... I think he should have known before. They're supposed to tell you how many miles before you purchase it. I knew mine had 54 when I got it. I test drove a 2008 Lancer and it had 12.... haha, that's besides the point. Oh well...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION...

doesn't it mess up the engine when u floor it the first time on a new car?
damn those guys.. i mean it works perfectly fine and i did get $2000 discount for a package 1..
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DEALERS SWAPPING THE CARS FROM DEALER TO DEALER..
IS IT BECAUSE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR??
I'M WORRIED NOW~!! HAHA

·
Registered
842 Posts
jwl012 said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION...

doesn't it mess up the engine when u floor it the first time on a new car?
damn those guys.. i mean it works perfectly fine and i did get $2000 discount for a package 1..
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DEALERS SWAPPING THE CARS FROM DEALER TO DEALER..
I'M WORRIED NOW~!! HAHA
if you had knee surgery and as soon as you got out of the hospital ran full speed then tried to turn left while going full speed because you are effin nuts - would that hurt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I DID A 36 MONTH LEASE WITH $2000 DOWN.. RIGHT NOW IM PAYING $320 IS THAT GOOD ? O0
SO I GUESS IT DID HURT THE ENGINE... DAMN... IT HURTS TO HEAR BUT I HOPE THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT CAR...

·
Registered
139 Posts
jwl012 said:
I'M WORRIED NOW~!! HAHA
Usually what happens is a customer will come in and want a certain car and the dealer has just the car they want but the wrong color, or no moonroof, etc......

The dealer will find the car the customer is looking for at another dealer, contact that dealer and see if they'll swap the car they have that is ALMOST what the customer wants for the on they have that is EXACTLY what the customer wants. Dealers are looking to make the sale as quick as they can. They would rather locate the car at another dealer rather than having to order the exact car and make the customer wait and possibly back out of the deal.

Dealers will NOT swap cars if there is a problem with either car, unless one of the dealers is hiding something, which does happen sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.