Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

A couple days ago I got that coolant message that I need to stop and check the coolant level and I needed to go somewhere and I couldn't fill it up with some new stuff. I was unable to do so at the time and asked my father to add some coolant.

It looks like he put in some green coolant. Now I checked the manual and it says you may mix it with pink or green coolant. But I've also heard that you shouldn't mix it with green. Either way, this is temporary. This only happened yesterday and I've driven it once for 10 minutes. I had a coolant leak but we think it's because he put in too much and it forced out the excess.

As soon as possible I'd like to go get the coolant flushed out to put in the right stuff.

Will my car be fine with the mixed coolant for that short amount of time? Is the manual right and can I mix green and purple?

Thank you.

And oh, I have a 2008 GTI DSG.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow thank you. My coolant has turned yellow now. It's still liquid and hasn't turned into that jell-o like substance I've heard about after mixing coolants.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Teh purpley is for me meng, car wouldnt even appreciate it as much, although it probably could use it instead of oil or gas

·
Registered
397 Posts
just dont use the orange, it corodes the aluminum and the lines in our vws over time, switch to the universal or only green if you havent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.