Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing. I noticed it lists a part number for the manual transmission though. I'll try to contact the manufacturer and find out. When I hear something I'll post the response.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Okay, so I already heard back from the guys at Autotech. Here is there response:

The DSG differential for VW/Audi applications is currently under production,
and we expect to see it sometime in early April. I don't have a final price
at this time, but the part number should be this: 10.309.185, and the
tentative price is $1495.00. Thanks for your message, we hope to have this
differential available for you shortly!

Regards,

Autotech Sales Staff
800-553-1055
949-240-4000

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man your awesome lol I looked at their website and saw all of these parts for the internals of a 2.0l and my jaw dropped in excitement thanks for helping me with that!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Might be late on this, but apparently the site's been updated (MKV DSG now on there):

http://www.autotech.com/quaife/index2.htm

Quick question for you guys...should I chip first or install an ATB Differential THEN chip? I'm definitely doing the exhaust & intake right away (I want my fast to be able to BREATHE), and then I was going to chip it. I want usable torque, though. Whaddya think? If I do the diff. first, it could be up to a year before I chip the SOB.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you've gotta wait a year between the two go with the chip first. That's gonna be your big performance boost there so you can enjoy it while you wait for the diff. Personally, I'm gonna do intake/exhaust, then chip, and probably won't get a new diff until I need one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree with BlueFrogPosse, you will notice more performance from the chip than you will from the diff. Personally, $1500 is a bit out of my price range for something that will rarely come in handy for normal everyday driving. Now if I were building a track beast, that would be a different story.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds good. I was leaning more towards the chip. I plan on tracking it at some point, but until I get an LSD I'll just hold off on that. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess the LSD was the big losing point against the GTI vs. the Civic Si. Not only $4,000 more for the car but now another $1500 for an LSD? Dang. Still, I think this is a winner, especially if you live in the snowier climes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ande1978 said:
I guess the LSD was the big losing point against the GTI vs. the Civic Si. Not only $4,000 more for the car but now another $1500 for an LSD? Dang. Still, I think this is a winner, especially if you live in the snowier climes.
Civic SI: CAD$31,368.45
GTI: CAD$30,090

Almost covers the added cost of LSD but that also ignores the fact the GTI has more HP/TQ and you don't have to floor it all the time to get power :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
In the states, though, the Si starts at around $21k (give or take $1k). The Si is a good car in its own right, but there comes a day when every boy must become a man. >:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
FastAddict said:
In the states, though, the Si starts at around $21k (give or take $1k). The Si is a good car in its own right, but there comes a day when every boy must become a man. >:D
LOL. I was looking at an Acura RSX or Honda Civic Si before the GTI and I haven't been disappointed by going GTI. I was growing really tired of the high RPMs needed for power in the Hondas.

But I didn't realize there was almost a $5K difference in price in the USA.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, but you get what you pay for I suppose. Like I said, the Si's engine isn't bad by any stretch, but it doesn't have the low-end torque that makes the GTI so fun to drive. A production LSD wasn't enough to make the difference for me. Hell, if that was the case, I would've most likely picked up the MS3 over the Si. But the GTI is just like the cute neighbor girl who grows up to become a world-class stripper...refined, but OH so much potential! ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
FastAddict said:
Yeah, but you get what you pay for I suppose. Like I said, the Si's engine isn't bad by any stretch, but it doesn't have the low-end torque that makes the GTI so fun to drive. A production LSD wasn't enough to make the difference for me. Hell, if that was the case, I would've most likely picked up the MS3 over the Si. But the GTI is just like the cute neighbor girl who grows up to become a world-class stripper...refined, but OH so much potential! ;D
did you just refer to the gti as a girl next door turned whore?

·
Registered
263 Posts
well you cant possibly have respect for a whore. a whore is someone you just use and toss, not something you love and appreciateand take care of. like a gti.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts