Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got 07 GTI, that I am looking to modify some things perrty soon, and I usally never ride alone, for that reason (or excuse) I am looking at getting some 7in monitors installed in the headrest, so that i can have video for people sitting in the back, aside from that I was thinking of running a new x-box 360 in the trunk, either that or my modified x-box i built about two years ago, I was thinking of runnig the new x-box 360 elite edition (it comes in black and has a HD dvd drive insted of the regular one) I think it would look sick in the car painted with a slim RED line and I will call it my GTI elite edition. Has anyone done any install's like this yet, or is everyone really leaving the gaming for the couch ???
If anyone has done any installs like this please let me see some pics, for ideas, thaks everyone?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm usually too busy driving to play video games in my car.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't think I would even consider putting a game system in my baby. The car in and of itself is entertainment enough for me and my passengers. I'm not saying you shouldn't though, its your ride. A better sound system though, that I could handle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geez, makes me wonder what happened to the first guy that said, Hey lets put a turbo in a car, I wonder if people came back and said why would you do that? ::)

I am just asking if anyone has made this Mod, or is considering it, I think it can be done and look stock and or really slick. I am someone that is real big on customization and I like to do things that havent been done yet. I think I am going to go for it anyway, and I will post some pics when I get it all done, I am going to go with to 7in monitors in the back, and a simple dvd system in the glove box. Belive me I am not going all Pimp my Ride or anything like that, but I think every persons car aside from performance parts should have a little something that reflects them perosonally, which is really all I am trying to achive, i like to do stuff to my cars that people have to look twice to either figure out it what they are seeing was stock, or how was that possable. >:D

An other reason I ask is I have been told by sevrel people that modifing anything electronically on VW is next to impossable?

But I promise this will be done AFTER some performance Mods. ;D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
....or is everyone really leaving the gaming for the couch ???

Geez, makes me wonder what happened to the first guy that said, Hey lets put a turbo in a car, I wonder if people came back and said why would you do that?
Slow you're roll hardcore...I thought you were asking for opinions as well. (^Notice the excerpt above ^)

·
Registered
635 Posts
just buy the vid system from vw get a aftermarket headunit get some lame ass dvd player some 500 dollar game system in ur trunk....so people in the back of ur car can play...the back seat is so small already...why spend all that money on some people who just weigh ur fast down when u can have all that in the front...dvd player headunit with game console...then u as the driver can enjoy while parked..either way just seems like a waste cant u pry urself away from the tv or video games for just the time that ur driving to just enjoy your car...and then when u come back home there they are waiting to suck out ur brain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true ;D
Thank you for the input, I will not install the units, I think I am just going to go balls to the wall performance then see what I do at that point.
-if I am posting in the wrong place for this nex question my apoligize but I cant get an answer from anywhere, does anyone know a good performance shop in the LA area where I can get some work done ??? ( LA = Los Angles, CA. )

·
Registered
22 Posts
As for the gaming, I just got a 360 Elite and it is sooo dope. the 120 gig hard drive has a chrome accent and the disc tray is chrome. both would look hot in GT Red. Then again I'm still trying to get that done to my badges. I know a body shop in Hollywood, but not much else. I think my Fast is dope as is and will be patient on the engine mods, but as a designer I am totally into individual aesthetics. First a custom (simple) paint-job, then the gaming, then performance. Don't everyone jump on me at once, but visual identity is significant to me. Thinking of a Halo 3 theme considering I'm designing all that packaging.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pocket pool keeps me kinda busy....but I'll admit it, my kids have a PS3.

Yeah, I played it....it is pretty freakin amazing.

I sold my wife on the whole price tag issue with the blue ray player being a grand line....I can't believe it worked.

Oh well, I am furthering the next generation of fly by wire fighter pilots. (Shut up, it is how I justify it to myself!!)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
Pocket pool keeps me kinda busy....but I'll admit it, my kids have a PS3.

Yeah, I played it....it is pretty freakin amazing.

I sold my wife on the whole price tag issue with the blue ray player being a grand line....I can't believe it worked.

Oh well, I am furthering the next generation of fly by wire fighter pilots. (Shut up, it is how I justify it to myself!!)
BWAAAAAA!!!! Just admit that you play the damn thing! Did you get Ridge Racer yet? Do you have it setup for online play? Let's race!!!

I don't wanna derail this thread any further: http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php/topic,1823.msg18774.html#msg18774

·
Registered
139 Posts
YES, I have a PS2 hooked up in my car (3.5 inch screen) - I put it in just because I had a broken PS2 and had an extra a/v cable for it so I can swap it in and out whenever I want.

Amazingly it works really well even on the small screen. I mostly use it when I'm on my lunch break. I'll sit in my car and play home run derby or Fight Night 3. I haven't really tried any other games on it but it's still pretty cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts