Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in the eip short shift kit yesterday, and ohh my god it is so bad a$$, i love it so much, any one else running a short shift kit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Did you do the full setup or just the front-to-back? How would you rate the install on a scale of 1 (pulled the parts out of the box and they fell into place) to 10 (best pay a team of NASA engineers to install this one) ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the competion version, payed 100 for it and only did the front to back. The install was prob about a 7 , the only part that i had trouble with was adjusting the piece on the end of the cable to make the shifter it sit right into the middle. If i would have understood the directions it would have taken me alot less time on that. Otherwise i was fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Random question, I'm used to short shifters being installed within the cabin right at the actual shifter.

Seen here from my old car: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/bpic_sts.htm

With these kits be'n installed in the engine bay, do that actually change the height of the shifter rod and shorten it or does it just affect the throw of the shifter?

I ask cuz this shifter is just a little too tall for me and my driving position (so I want both a shorter throw and a shorter shifter)

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sure you can!

Cut the crappy one off, break out the arc welder, slap on a new threaded stud and blammo intant happiness.

·
Registered
277 Posts
22350 said:
Sure you can!

Cut the crappy one off, break out the arc welder, slap on a new threaded stud and blammo intant happiness.
Yeah, the problem with that is B&M has extensively designed the weight and height to be in perfect balance with their knob, you cut it off and change any dynamic of it, the shift will not be as smooth or accurate......maybe I'm just a "Shift Snob" 8)

I won't care if the knob that comes with it is nice, i just can't find any pics of it.....and people that have it don't seem to own cameras cuz I've asked......some dude is selling one used and he can't even get me pics..... :'(

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
scans007 said:
22350 said:
Sure you can!

Yeah, the problem with that is B&M has extensively designed the weight and height to be in perfect balance with their knob, you cut it off and change any dynamic of it, the shift will not be as smooth or accurate......maybe I'm just a "Shift Snob" 8)

I won't care if the knob that comes with it is nice, i just can't find any pics of it.....and people that have it don't seem to own cameras cuz I've asked......some dude is selling one used and he can't even get me pics..... :'(
I know... I was being a smart ass..I'm sorry

·
Registered
277 Posts
22350 said:
scans007 said:
22350 said:
Sure you can!

I know... I was being a smart ass..I'm sorry
LOL......really it's not a bad option, a bunch of people did it from my subaru days 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the EIP Comp Kit. It is awsome, left to right up and down. The throws are pretty short and it is a breeze when you are flying through gears on the freeway!

·
Registered
15 Posts
question i saw two short shifters one is the the actuall short shifter and then neuspeed has one to fit on top of tranny so which one do u put in its like a plate for the neuspeed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts