My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go.....

When it gets close to freezing outside, a snowflake comes on in the MFI to make you aware there could be ice.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The GTI has Electro-mechanical steering. So it doesn't rob power from the engine.
It also has an active return function and Straight line stbility function, for when the car is being constantly affected by side winds or road crown.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bi-xenon headlights have pop out washer Jets.
To activate:
Turn on wipers and lights, pull washer stalk for about 5 seconds. Very Cool.

Have you got a secret?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brake Wipers - Huh?
Yep, not only can this little pocket rocket haul ass, but it can also stop even when it's wet outside.
There is actually a brake wiping function that comes on when you have your wipers on. It wipes the water and muck off the brakes every 5 minutes to prevent brake fade.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't a real "secret" but a lot of people don't know about the red LED lights that let you read CDs, maps and such at night without turning on a map light. But beware, don't get caught red handed by the Police.

·
Registered
146 Posts
To service the wipers, or "park" them at the top of their travel, simply push the wiper swith down while the engine is shut off.

J

·
0 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
Here we go.....

When it gets close to freezing outside, a snowflake comes on in the MFI to make you aware there could be ice.
Don't need that here in Florida, but will the MFI tell me when a hurricane is coming down my street?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpmccormac said:
Fast Freddie said:
Here we go.....

Don't need that here in Florida, but will the MFI tell me when a hurricane is coming down my street?
No, You have to turn on the ESP for that, but beware, it only gives you a 30 minute warning. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you press the mute button on the steering wheel,
it makes a certain "ding" noise, that is usually heard in airplane cabins.
Love it.

·
Sir Drives em all
294 Posts
There is also a great device that can make the cabin of your VW up to 85% quieter.

It's duct tape and it goes over her mouth.

J/K!!! (Kinda)

·
Registered
59 Posts
You'll notice a little piece of metal sticking out of the door with a corresponding slot in the door sill. They fit together when the door is closed. That's for structural rigidity!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
That would be very useful in Canada. I almost crashed by dad's Audi into a workbench in his garage because the brakes were iced (stood outside the garage for a couple hours in the snow, then I moved it back in). Thank God for the e-brake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
This isn't a real "secret" but a lot of people don't know about the red LED lights that let you read CDs, maps and such at night without turning on a map light. But beware, don't get caught red handed by the Police.
Is there any way to turn those off?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was just reading the manual and thought this was kinda neat:

If the "intermittent wiping" feature has been selected, the intervals are linked to the speed of the vehicle i.e. the intervals will be shorter when the vehicle is traveling faster.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doug C. said:
Fast Freddie said:
Not that I know of. Why? is it distracting for you?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doug C. said:
Fast Freddie said:
Yeah open the fuse box and take the corresponding fuse out. But why would you want to do that? It is so convenient, plus it kicks ass!

#dp

1 - 20 of 363 Posts