Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the stock psi in the gti? and what is the highest psi i can run with stock internals. i have boost control and boost gauge just not installed yet

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think stock boost is maxed between 8-10 psi. I would say you could go up to 18-20 psi fairly safely, but don't quote me on that! WAIT till some more people give you their opinions on here!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ya know, i don't think that would void the warranty.....

How much did your controller cost? I don't know much about boost controllers....are they effective?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Emmm... they usually range $350 and up. Blitz and Apex'i are two companies that make them. I would say unless you're very knowledgeable about boost levels in relation to your gearing, stick with the chip and have it all done for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
well the turbos on the mk5 are the same as the one on the mk4......and let me tell you.....these turbos can take a beating! i love them and im not sure how safe it is to boost 24... the car only runs 24 psi when you push full throttle, the car usually uses less than 3 psi in normal driving so it's not like you push it to that all the time......i know many mk4 that will have 24 psi but then again safe wise im not sure..... ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just raced wiht 24 psi i didnt notice any problems but i dont feel that it is very safe to run it that high all the time

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah u only hit 24psi when you're in full throttle so it's not going to be boosting that all the time.....it's only for a quick second as well because when you're at full throttle it peeks and drops psi fast.... so nothing to worry about......

·
Registered
27 Posts
stock boost on the MKV is 8-10psi with a peak of 12.

the APR 91 and 93 octane programs pop you up to 14-16psi with a peak at 18-19.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts