Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else purcahse the protection package from the dealership (paint/glass, undercarriage, interior)? Mine gets applied this Friday so I was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers for maintaining the finish.

·
Registered
952 Posts
DrJones said:
Did anyone else purcahse the protection package from the dealership (paint/glass, undercarriage, interior)? Mine gets applied this Friday so I was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers for maintaining the finish.
Ask to watch them apply it.
This can give a longer life if actually applied. I've seen dealers sell it before, and not apply the product.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine back yesterday. The undercoating and the exterior look really good, but I must have pissed off the guy who did the interior somehow because it looked like he just sneezed all over the inside. Included in the package was a bottle of vinyl and plastic protectant so I went over the entire interior again to catch the spote he missed. It still kinda stinks, though. But beyond those few minor complaints, it really did turn out beautifully.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I dont trust anyone but me to take care of my car. The finance rep at my dealership told me if I buy this that I would never have to wax my car. ::) First, I enjoy detailing my ride, it looks soooo good afterwards. Second, IMO theres nothing purdier than rain water beading off the finish of your ride. No thanks I told her

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It can still be waxed. You just don't have to do it. I waxed mine a few weeks ago and it looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts