My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this in another forum, didnt get sufficient answers...

just bought an 08 GTI.
at the end of the deal, the dealership offered a "protection" package. which consists of undercoating, spraying the car with some sorta chemicals to keep it shiny, treating the leather interior for protection, among other stuff...
all for like 1200$
is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
iceman said:
posted this in another forum, didnt get sufficient answers...

just bought an 08 GTI.
at the end of the deal, the dealership offered a "protection" package. which consists of undercoating, spraying the car with some sorta chemicals to keep it shiny, treating the leather interior for protection, among other stuff...
all for like 1200$
is it worth it?
No.

I'd consider the undercoating if you are in an area that receives a lot of snow or are near salty air. The rest of the stuff you can do on your own.

Spend the money you save on a clear bra if you want to protect the paint. For the leather; use Lexol.

·
Registered
842 Posts
for $1200, I'll come down for the next 3 years, twice yearly, and polish the interior with some WalMart Leether Protektor. O0

sounds like a rip to me...............

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
dont listen to anything the dealer says. They wanted me to pay $900 extra to engrave the vin number somewhere where thieves can replace it. I asked the sales person if he would buy that option. He was silent for a couple seconds ;D

·
Registered
45 Posts
The car comes with a 12-year anti corrosion guarantee, and regular cleaning should take care of the rest. Save your money and spend it on something else for the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.