Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've been driving at night, I've noticed that my projector cutoffs are set kind of low and they only shine about 25 feet in front of my car. I took the advice of a friend and tried to manually tilt the headlights via the adjustment screw in the engine bay and it didn't quite have the effect I desired. It did project farther, but right in front of the car became dark if you know what I mean...

Does anyone know how to raise the projector cutoffs? Can they be done individually as well? My right projector shines a little higher than the left.

This is just an OCD problem of mine, but if anyone has insight on this, it'd be massively appreciated.

I keep looking at my headlights like...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Best bet is to take your car and position it about 20 feet away from your garage door or a wall and manually adjust the lights to level out, and for the dark spot In front of the headlights.. Hid conversion kit for the fogs maybe?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best bet is to take your car and position it about 20 feet away from your garage door or a wall and manually adjust the lights to level out, and for the dark spot In front of the headlights.. Hid conversion kit for the fogs maybe?
Thanks buddy, I'll give that a try to get them even for sure. But does anyone know how to adjust the cutoffs for the bi-xenon projectors? Can't really afford the HID fog kit right now, and I know there must be someway to adjust the cutoffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts